Play of the game

A FG does nothing for you in that situation. If you're trailing by 7, you need a TD. If you kick a FG, you're still left needing a TD. There's also no guarantee you'll get that close again. Just because we ended up winning doesn't make the FG the correct decision.
Uhhh winning makes eating dog poo the right decision...

Advertisement
Was Manny kicking the field instead of going for td. Get the points keep momentum. If you go for the score and get nothing momentum is lost and potentially game over . **** good call.

Sometimes questionable calls can work out. But I would have been ok with him going for it to tie. The way the defense was playing there was risk either way.

Advertisement
I didn’t even think that was a question to go for it. There was 6 plus minutes left on the clock.

even if you score and tie the game up. you still gotta stop them from taking the lead again and you’ve lost all momentum. Take the points and you live to see another possession.

if you score and tie it up nc state would have had a urgency to score a touchdown, since they didn’t, they were conservative and we held them out

I didn’t even think that was a question to go for it. There was 6 plus minutes left on the clock.

even if you score and tie the game up. you still gotta stop them from taking the lead again and you’ve lost all momentum. Take the points and you live to see another possession.

if you score and tie it up nc state would have had a urgency to score a touchdown, since they didn’t, they were conservative and we held them out
Your last sentence is 🔥

Attachments

• 733330FB-FD6D-44F7-A2BA-B7307C530F33.gif
    733330FB-FD6D-44F7-A2BA-B7307C530F33.gif
    749.5 KB · Views: 2
I don’t see how this is even debatable. It’s literally what gave us the opportunity to win the game.

I said it in another thread, IMO if you still send the offense out there after taking the false start penalty, that would be coaching scared. As in, desperate to tie the game and try just to get it into OT because deep down you don’t actually believe that you are going to win.

I have been as critical of Manny as anybody but he 100% made the right call here. Credit where credit is due.

Advertisement
Keep in mind we kept momentum and passed it to the defense who after the field goal did there thing and the rest is history. Is it an ideal situation to kick the field no but it made alot more sense knowing our defense could hold them and also seeing there defense was zapped so moving the ball wouldn't be an issue

If you think that your defense can hold them, then that's even more reason to go for it. Unless you're saying the D can hold them when they start from the 25, but can't hold them when they start from the 5?

If you don't think your defense can hold them, then that also means you still go for it, because in that case you might not get the ball back.

😂. Andre aware talking about ole boy reminded him of Frank Gore💀. Someone need to send him Frank gores Miami highlights. Before and after the knees.
I just about lost my dinner on that one. :nelson-haha: Surely Ware isn't that stupid is he? He should find a new career.

Advertisement
Imagine what people would be saying on here if it didn’t work out...

Advertisement
2nd & 18 inside your own 5 with the game on the line, just got called for intentional grounding, four defenders in the vicinity of Harley and King made a big boy throw. Thats the one.
That throw was perfection to watch...loved it

Advertisement
Back