Play I haven’t seen mentioned that killed us.....

plantcity3

Senior
First let me start by saying JTs fumble was the turning point. We had them on the ropes until that play. Elbows in young fella.

That fumble didn’t cost us the game though. The drive after the missed field goal is where we lost the game. We give up a bomb the first play, next Pinckney and Hall does a horrible job containing their TE on the bubble while Bandy is getting man handled, then we line up with one LB in the box on the 3 yrd line (just like we did when Perine caught the TD earlier) for Franks to have an easy TD.

That first play is what bothered me the most. I thought it was a coverage bust while watching live. I hope it was because this would raise a red flag to me in regards to our play calling on D.
60F7DEEC-4D7A-4E44-AB1D-58102881BA19.jpeg
4C622806-D364-48F2-9300-C227E4E4630C.jpeg
9BD31FD8-5C5F-475D-BA6F-C3C544883590.jpeg

Either Carter didn’t get his *** to the middle of the field to play the deep 3rd or he played halves and Hall didn’t get back. I think it was the former. Hopefully it was either two because that’s something that can be fixed. It would have been very stupid to bracket one WR to one side and leave their fastest WR 1v1 with Gil.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great point I was wondering why he was favoring that side when the strong side was clearly where the pass was thrown too. Easy read for the hotdog to make.

It was Carter’s job to be over the top. Manny said it in his presser. We missed Juquan badly both tackling and not giving up big plays.
Thanks for the info. I missed that presser. With that info, it’s baffling that Carter never moved off the hashes until the pass was thrown. In that snap you can see him standing straight up at the snap. That’s because he had the laziest back peddle ever. He just stood up and walked backwards. He might have had a slim chance of getting their if he wasnt so flat footed

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks for the info. I missed that presser. With that info, it’s baffling that Carter never moved off the hashes until the pass was thrown. In that snap you can see him standing straight up at the snap. That’s because he had the laziest back peddle ever. He just stood up and walked backwards. He might have had a slim chance of getting their if he was so flat footed
It’s been eluded to all offseason that Carter is a liability in coverage. Bubba will have his job by October

Advertisement
Back