Play Head Coach: Ryan Williams

canecountry3

Senior
So say Ryan Williams is 100% a week before the Nebraska game.

Kaaya has gone 2-1. Safe to assume he will have made some mistakes in the two wins leading up to Nebraska game; maybe he gradually improves each week.

I say start Williams.. my confidence in Miami winning in Lincoln with Kaaya is 0%.

Have to believe the staff would trust Williams more to open up the O than they showed they did with Kaaya. Right? RIGHT?

Advertisement
No freaking way you start Kaaya in Nebraska after that ****show in Louisville. And, that's not a knock on Kaaya. Beating FAMU and Arky State at home will not prepare Kaaya for 85,000 fans in Lincoln. Even if Kaaya goes 50-50 for 500 yards with 7 TD and 0 INT, he still won't be mentally ready for Nebraska.

Last edited:
I'll put it to you this way, and I haven't watched the TV telecast of the game I have DVR'ed yet so I don't know if they showed it...

...but Williams was warming up on the sideline (helmet off) after Kaaya's first 3 drives. They stopped having him throw after Kaaya threw the TD pass to Walford.

I think if Kaaya shows marked improvement these next 2 games, he will play at Nebraska and hopefully play well. If he doesn't, I don't think Golden will hesitate making the call to play Williams...especially considering that he was arguably ready to play Williams on Monday night if Kaaya hadn't finally settled in.

Would be shocked if we don't see Ryan Williams against Arky State.

Advertisement
I dont see how williams is going to be close to 100% for nebraksa. Let alone this year. The dude was injured in freaking april. I dont care how well his recovery is going. With our oline play, he'll be a sitting duck and just get reinjured. Stick with kaaya. Its better for the program anyway.

No fear or hesitation, and in no way a knock on Kayaa. You don't send him out on the field with pulling him and inserting Williams as a back up plan. You go with Williams 100%, you also give him the green light on audibles at the line of scrimmage. Don't burden them with looking at the sideline and doing line checks with 8 seconds on the play clock.

Once a play comes in, the QB's need to develop a habit of ignoring our sideline and focus on the defensive alignment/coverage and play clock. Wrist band the veteran QB's and let them run the show...particularly on third down. The sideline has proven to offer zero after the initial play call.

Advertisement
I'll play head coach.

If I'm Golden, first I probably sit in my office and wonder how I ended up with a true freshman, a BYU/Kansas failure, and a Memphis castoff with a noodle arm as my options at QB in my 4th season at Miami.

Then I'd play with my ****ies for a little while and fall asleep.

If Williams doesn't play in next two weeks he ain't playin at Nebraska. No way will he be confident in his mobility which will be more than required with this OL vs Randy Gregory

Would be shocked if we don't see Ryan Williams against Arky State.

This makes more sense. Get Williams some legitimate game experience.

I'd still like to get Kaaya as many snaps as practical before sending him to the sideline. Ideally have Williams start and Kaaya clean up but with Coley calling plays that may not even be plausible.

You play Williams at 90% based on the way they used Kaaya. Arkansas state is not a guaranteed win playing like we played against UL. It's a proud program that has had its last two HCs advance to better gigs.

Advertisement
I'll put it to you this way, and I haven't watched the TV telecast of the game I have DVR'ed yet so I don't know if they showed it...

...but Williams was warming up on the sideline (helmet off) after Kaaya's first 3 drives. They stopped having him throw after Kaaya threw the TD pass to Walford.

I think if Kaaya shows marked improvement these next 2 games, he will play at Nebraska and hopefully play well. If he doesn't, I don't think Golden will hesitate making the call to play Williams...especially considering that he was arguably ready to play Williams on Monday night if Kaaya hadn't finally settled in.

Interesting, did not know that.

If Williams wasn't good enough to fill in for a hobbling Morris than he does not to be to taken valuable reps away from Kaaya. I remember watching Bridgewaters first game
as true freshman and he looked horrible and he turn out alright, so I am sure Kaaya will.

If Williams wasn't good enough to fill in for a hobbling Morris than he does not to be to taken valuable reps away from Kaaya. I remember watching Bridgewaters first game
as true freshman and he looked horrible and he turn out alright, so I am sure Kaaya will.

With all respect, who determined Williams wasn't better than Morris?

Advertisement
Williams ain't the answer but he may be an upgrade over kaaya at this point. Problem is you have a **** offensive line that's gonna get him killed. Coming off an injury he won't respond too well to getting hit.

You play Williams at 90% based on the way they used Kaaya. Arkansas state is not a guaranteed win playing like we played against UL. It's a proud program that has had its last two HCs advance to better gigs.

Agreed.

It's not a knock on Kaaya, it's a knock on the coaches not opening up the playbook for him.

This again! It's ignorant in so many ways that I'm certain would elude you if I explained. You have nothing of substance to offer welcome to my Ignore User list.

Advertisement
Back