Plantation vs. Coral Reef

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Caught the second half of the spring game today. Cristobal and about a dozen other college coaches were there. Some observations:

- Nicodem Pierre is a pretty good quarterback. He led Coral Reef from down 21-10 to win the game on a last-minute touchdown drive. He's not that big (6'1) but has a quick release and one of the stronger arms in South Florida. He's not a runner but he is athletic. Pierre could use more touch on his shorter passes, but he has legit arm talent and hung in the pocket for some nasty licks. It would be very interesting to see how he'd do on a talented team like Central or Northwestern. Great fit at a lower-BCS school that will let him operate out of the gun.

- Ravian Pierce is the best TE prospect to come out of South Florida since Willie Roberts. Pierce blew me away at the FIU Jamboree a couple weeks ago and he looked great again. He would put up huge receiving numbers if Plantation had any kind of passing game. His blocking is a bit inconsistent but he has major upside there. Plays with a lot of aggression and energy. When Coral Reef was driving late in the game he was begging the coaches to let him play defense. Cristobal was watching him very closely.

- Chris Lammons didn't play after the mid-3rd quarter, but he looked quick at quarterback. Very smooth athlete with excellent feet. In his limited snaps on defense, he played deep safety and covered a ton of ground. He reminds me a bit of Tracy Howard in that he's not the biggest or fastest guy. Lammons is probably a better athlete than Tracy is, though.

-Marcus Leslie (CB for Coral Reef) is a great football player. He picked off a pass and took it about 80 yards, and then he won the game on a TD catch over the middle. Swift athlete who looks like Vernon Davis in the #3 jersey. If he was a little bigger and stronger, he'd be one of the best in the state. Jacob McCray was a disappointment. Not very physically impressive and didn't make plays. McCray also dropped a sure TD.

- Jordan Scarlett was in the crowd looking like Trent Richardson's dad. He is poised for a monster year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here are the highlights. I was tough on McCray in the write-up, but it looks like I missed him making a nice touchdown catch in the 1st half. What you don't see in the highlights is that Pierce was really getting into it with the Coral Reef sideline during that altercation at 2:30.

Plantation (white jerseys)
Chris Lammons- QB #1
Ravian Pierce- TE #81
Don't know the name but he is a tackling machine- MLB #32

Coral Reef (green jerseys)
Nicodem Pierre- #7
Marcus Leslie- #3
Jacob McCray- #9

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/sport/football/all/spring-football-coral-reef-vs-plantation

Here are the highlights. I was tough on McCray in the write-up, but it looks like I missed him making a nice touchdown catch in the 1st half. What you don't see in the highlights is that Pierce was really getting into it with the Coral Reef sideline during that altercation at 2:30.

Plantation (white jerseys)
Chris Lammons- QB #1
Ravian Pierce- TE #81
Don't know the name but he is a tackling machine- MLB #32

Coral Reef (green jerseys)
Nicodem Pierre- #7
Marcus Leslie- #3
Jacob McCray- #9

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/videos/sport/football/all/spring-football-coral-reef-vs-plantation

PHS #6?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back