plan c at RB

rayray

Sophomore
so let's say miami misses on both alex collins and derrick green. who are we looking at after that? RELATED: can danny dillard play at all?

Advertisement
Can we please stop saying Derrick Green. There isnt a chance in **** he ever plays for Miami

al_golden_miami.jpg

Have to figure Chestnut or Tice are plan C guys. Isnt the Williams guy from Philly also in the mix. Thought I heard they gave him a visit too.

Advertisement
Derrick Green: Miami was hot on Green's trail for a while up until last week when two in-home visits were "scheduled" and then did not happen due to a "mix up of dates" according to Green. My initial reaction from Green's comment was that it's very unlike this particular staff to get dates confused considering how organized the are on the recruiting trail. The staff could feel confident on Collins is my number one guess, or else the would have made it to those visits.
11/20: 35%
12/3: 15%

Advertisement
Have to figure Chestnut or Tice are plan C guys. Isnt the Williams guy from Philly also in the mix. Thought I heard they gave him a visit too.

If they lose out on Collins and Green, I'd think there's a big time dropoff to the next tier of guys (Chestnut, et al). Do you take one of those kids just for the sake of taking one, or do you wait until next year to sign 2 studs (Sony and Cook), especially given the (potential) schollie limit next year as well?

My guess is that it depends on what the coaches think of Crawford, Dilliard and even Clement.

I really hope Dilliard is working his *** of right now to prove people wrong. Whether Collins comes or not he needs to be putting in work right now. I'm sick of people writing kids off because they redshirt and aren't standouts in their first year on campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement

If they lose out on Collins and Green, I'd think there's a big time dropoff to the next tier of guys (Chestnut, et al). Do you take one of those kids just for the sake of taking one, or do you wait until next year to sign 2 studs (Sony and Cook), especially given the (potential) schollie limit next year as well?

My guess is that it depends on what the coaches think of Crawford, Dilliard and even Clement.

I think you HAVE to take at least one guy this year. Who else is there? Duke cant carry the offense every down, and if he gets hurt, then what? You need at least one guy in the stable. Granted, maybe Crawfrd has been balling out, but I still think you take a shot with one of those kids. I still think you go after BOTH Sony and Cook next year. The reality is we arent going to land both anyway. Worst case, you can try to turn whoever you take this year, if he turns out to be a JAG into an Hback or special teams guy. I just dont think you can leave the cupboard that bare. We need at least one kid this year to give us some depth. If Duke was an every down back, then MAYBE, but you still need at least one other back to split carries, which means you have almost nothing to back them up.

Advertisement
Back