Pittsburgh was a microcosm of why Enos needs to go

Brandinho

Section 139
Premium
Throughout the year, we've seen some glimpses of good from Enos' playbook:
  • First drive against Florida
  • A few drives in North Carolina
  • Opening and the 2 final drives against Virginia (we got one (1) 1st down between these drives)
That's all I can remember from the season where his offense was functioning as intended. Early on, we chucked up the inefficiencies to undisciplined penalties, bad field position, and poor offensive line play.

Fast forward to today:
  • 3 first half turnovers, all close to or in opposing territory
  • 0 first half penalties
  • 0 first half sacks
The 3 areas in which we thought hindered our offense were absent for a majority of the game and we still only mustered 150 yards and 10 points for 95% of the game.

We are in for a world of hurt if there isn't a change here soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ugh . He did well when Jarren was healthy and I suspect he will do so again. BUT make no mistake he has to show some progress between now and the bowl game for sure but I put 70% of the offense on the young Oline and Williams getting hurt. But the 0ther 30 is on him.

But even when he improves 90% of this message board will deny it . As they would rather be right then a better team. But that is message board fan for you . Let's give it time and a healthy Williams . Our O looked good many times when he was healthy besides the OL and I suspect we will again .

Advertisement
Throughout the year, we've seen some glimpses of good from Enos' playbook:
  • First drive against Florida
  • A few drives in North Carolina
  • Opening and the 2 final drives against Virginia (we got onw (1) 1st down between these drives)
That's all I can remember from the season where his offense was functioning as intended. Early on, we chucked up the inefficiencies to undisciplined penalties, bad field position, and poor offensive line play.

Fast forward to today:
  • 3 first half turnovers, all close to or in opposing territory
  • 0 first half penalties
  • 0 first half sacks
The 3 areas in which we thought hindered our offense were absent for a majority of the game and we still only mustered 150 yards and 10 points for 95% of the game.

We are in for a world of hurt if there isn't a change here soon.

I absolutely agree with you about the dude. Dude has stubborn-itis akin to Mark Richt. In other words, both Enos and Diaz KNEW Miami had serious issues with the OL going into the season and they seem not to go to a quicker developing offense. ENTER Kansas St. this season and today's win over a Top 10 team. Because K. St runs a variation of the spread RPO.

Advertisement
This game proves Dan's ineptitude as a play caller. We've seen it a few times now. 4th quarter, or in a huge deficit, he goes to the shotgun and spreads it out.

All game before that seems to just be randomly pulling plays out of a hat.

It 100% proves that no matter the quarterback, no matter any variables, Dan wants to run HIS offense instead of the spread which has proven to work.

He will only resort to the spread when the game is on the line. Theres a reason he wasnt calling plays at Alabama.

And for all these people hyping up the defense...

All of our turnovers were lucky bounces. Players just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Same story all season. Our D-backs aren't making plays on the ball or jumping routes.

If Pitt didnt drop like 15 passes today this was a Loss.

I'm glad we won, but it's a pathetic win. Its just hiding all the problems.

facts we need to have a new scheme next year the man is trash but I see the homer’s are out today after this win lol.

It's a win the Hurricane players needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because who knows how the season would play out if not for that nail biting close win.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back