Pitts DL coach

Advertisement
Miami's and not debatable. Pitt had 26 carries for 22 yards.
Lol. You do realize that that total includes -28 yards by the QB? You also realize that our QB had 32 of our rushing yards on scrambles.

You do realize that the quality of offense you play matters.

Pitts offense stinks and was without their starting QB

How about you compare season stats and the fact that they are doing it with lesser rated players

The same Simpson who y’all killed for giving up a million yards vs wisky?
Who's y'all? I never killed Simpson for that. I've always been consistent on Simpson.

Look, it's not like Stroud is equivalent to some of the losers we had under D'nofrio, but if you compare the technique and polish of our DL under Simpson and the current DL, you'll see a difference. But, as I've been saying - if he keeps bringing in kids like Taylor then the net result will be a dominant DL.

Don't you think that Jaelean and our DT's would be even more effective if Simpson was coaching them?

angry what the hell GIF by Team Coco

I don't want to beat up on Stroud. He has been our best DL recruiter in years and that certainly is important, but as far as developing our DL players...? Meh... Simpson has been our best DL developer since Petrie.

I mean, Stroud isn't bad at coaching the DL, but our DL don't appear to be as polished or trained as they were under Simpson. HOWEVER, if he's able to keep bringing in top talent, he will be able to out-recruit any of his short comings in the technique department, perceived or real.
I don’t think Stroud is terrible but Pitt gets the most out of their talent.

Development is exactly what I was touching on.

Ford is a senior with talent. I bet you Partridge would get more production out of him

Advertisement
I don’t think Stroud is terrible but Pitt gets the most out of their talent.

Development is exactly what I was touching on.

Ford is a senior with talent. I bet you Partridge would get more production out of him
Totally agree about Ford. Under the right tutelage, Ford could be a monster instead of "serviceable".

Who's y'all? I never killed Simpson for that. I've always been consistent on Simpson.

Look, it's not like Stroud is equivalent to some of the losers we had under D'nofrio, but if you compare the technique and polish of our DL under Simpson and the current DL, you'll see a difference. But, as I've been saying - if he keeps bringing in kids like Taylor then the net result will be a dominant DL.

Don't you think that Jaelean and our DT's would be even more effective if Simpson was coaching them?
Phillips just got here bro. It’s his first time playing ball in more than 1 year..so nah no matter who is coaching him it’s gunna take him some time to see his potential. Expect him to only get better..Nesta has started to become the player we expected out of HS. 81 a RS fresh has flashed. Miller looks the best he’s looked since being here. Harvey has played at a starter level. And Roche has been as good as advertised..not to mention what stroud got out of 15...too answer your question nah. Imo there wouldn’t be as much drop off between the two coaches from what I’ve seen given what we have . Simpson u have to remember inherited a vet Dline 2 deep. Stroud has sum pups and all are coming along..this thread is a whole lot to do about nothing. We have the 2nd best Dline in the ACC. If we had Greg it would rival anyone’s in the nation

Advertisement
Lol. You do realize that that total includes -28 yards by the QB? You also realize that our QB had 32 of our rushing yards on scrambles.

You do realize that the quality of offense you play matters.

Pitts offense stinks and was without their starting QB

How about you compare season stats and the fact that they are doing it with lesser rated players
Yes, I was in the stadium. Miami's defensive front was better yesterday.

Get him.

also while we are at it let’s go get a decent LB coach

What's wrong with Stroud?

Nothing. Stroud is the reason we have one 5 star DT already committed and there is 2nd 5 star DT who, to everyone's surprise, has said he likes the way Miami uses its DTs more than any other team in his top 5.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back