Pitt

Calling it now: we beat Pitt, Diaz gets a five year, sixty million dollar extension from Blake.

Not even Christ could facepalm at this situation.
evil-dontyou.gif

Advertisement
I am totally confused regarding the claim that our D looked capable of beating Pittsburg….

Yes, last night they had much better run D and actually tackled…. But if it wasn’t for NC State WRs having the drops and their QB having a stroke for almost 2 series where he couldn’t hit wide open receivers we would have been beat. That was literally our pass D last night.

We couldn’t cover the crossing patterns AT ALL!!

Without Dunson, the DBs played great. I think the Dunson experiment is over.

T-Rob is bringing Marcus Clarke along very nicely. Clarke might be a starter or co-starter moving forward. Tyrique played great. Kam Kitchens made the greatest open field tackle in the biggest moment of the season. JW was a beast. Avante is back. The DBs might be our best defensive unit. Cleaned up a lot of mistakes and poor play by our sub-par LBs.

I am totally confused regarding the claim that our D looked capable of beating Pittsburg….

Yes, last night they had much better run D and actually tackled…. But if it wasn’t for NC State WRs having the drops and their QB having a stroke for almost 2 series where he couldn’t hit wide open receivers we would have been beat. That was literally our pass D last night.

We’ve lost games bc our Wrs couldn’t catch passes. We still lost. They didn’t execute well enough to beat us. That’s the same way our players were, not making enough catches or plays to win. So if you wanna say that’s the only reason we won, then go back and give us all the wins we should have that our Wrs dropped hella passes and we lost.

Last edited:

You are describing college football as a whole. In every game in America there are open receivers, quarterbacks that miss throws and dropped passes. you could literally make your exact same comment about almost every game. Every team relies to a degree on mistakes by the opponent to win games. Our opponent did no less and no more to lose a game than the typical college football team.
The difference was that we didn’t make as many mistakes as usual. But we made a ton of mistakes last night, and I could easily argue that but for all our mistakes we win the game by 10-14.
In the end the mistakes evened out. Unlike the UVA and UNC games where our mistakes dwarfed the opponents’ mistakes.

Advertisement
Without Dunson, the DBs played great. I think the Dunson experiment is over.

T-Rob is bringing Marcus Clarke along very nicely. Clarke might be a starter or co-starter moving forward. Tyrique played great. Kam Kitchens made the greatest open field tackle in the biggest moment of the season. JW was a beast. Avante is back. The DBs might be our best defensive unit. Cleaned up a lot of mistakes and poor play by our sub-par LBs.
Dunson plays hard which is probably good enough for a 3rd or 4th corner, but he was definitely beat a few times yesterday. I don’t think he has enough speed to be more than a back-up.

We’ve lost games bc our Wrs couldn’t catch passes. We still lost. They didn’t execute well enough to beat us. That’s the same way our players were, not making enough catches or plays to win. So if you wanna say that’s the only reason we won, then go back abs give us all the wins we should have that our Wrs dropped hella passes and we lost.

That’s ridiculous. Yes we lose a lot because of drops. That doesn’t mean the other teams D was worth a ****. Just like ours wasn’t last night. We were lucky to survive and it was because of the drops. We have to play immensely better next week to hope to win because we aren’t likely to get that lucky again. Why is that so hard?

That’s ridiculous. Yes we lose a lot because of drops. That doesn’t mean the other teams D was worth a ****. Just like ours wasn’t last night. We were lucky to survive and it was because of the drops. We have to play immensely better next week to hope to win because we aren’t likely to get that lucky again. Why is that so hard?
74% completion, 325 yards, 4 TDs, and 0 ints, is NOT lucky bro. That’s exactly how you win. It’s not on us to catch the ball for them.

Advertisement
You are describing college football as a whole. In every game in America there are open receivers, quarterbacks that miss throws and dropped passes. you could literally make your exact same comment about almost every game. Every team relies to a degree on mistakes by the opponent to win games. Our opponent did no less and no more to lose a game than the typical college football team.
The difference was that we didn’t make as many mistakes as usual. But we made a ton of mistakes last night, and I could easily argue that but for all our mistakes we win the game by 10-14.
In the end the mistakes evened out. Unlike the UVA and UNC games where our mistakes dwarfed the opponents’ mistakes.

That is simply not true. Execution is a component but college football is not an exercise is conservative play trying not to make mistakes. Good teams force opponents into mistakes. That was not the scenario last night and more mistakes were made by Mac State WRs on 3rd down than I’ve seen against us in a while. That looked like us for the last 4 years.

74% completion, 325 yards, 4 TDs, and 0 ints, is NOT lucky bro. That’s exactly how you win. It’s not on us to catch the ball for them.

I didn’t saw the O was bad or lucky now did I? There were times I was frustrated but that always happens.

But our D gave up basically the same 310 yards to NC State and it would have been 450 if it weren’t for the drops which is a horrendous day by most standards. There is more than a minimal component of luck in that assessment of the D last night.

We’ve lost games bc our Wrs couldn’t catch passes. We still lost. They didn’t execute well enough to beat us. That’s the same way our players were, not making enough catches or plays to win. So if you wanna say that’s the only reason we won, then go back abs give us all the wins we should have that our Wrs dropped hella passes and we lost.
Exactly..that’s the double standard I was talking about in another post. All szn guys have been in position to make huge plays. Mallory drop vs MSU change the whole trajectory of that game. Marcus Clarke dropped pick. Kam dropped pick. Tyrique dropped picks vs Bama and MSU. Couch has 2 dropped ints as well. Some drops by Harley in the MSU game. Brinson big drop vs uva as well. Clearly the missed GW field goal. Then vs Unc tip pass int…but a L is a L at the end. And a W is a W

Advertisement
Manny in defensive staff meeting this week (if everyone shows up or don’t walk out):

Manny: What you guys think should be the plan against Pickett?

Collective Response: Great at identifying blitzes and exploiting them. Mobile and can beat you with his feet for the 1st down. Will need to force him to throw into tight windows.

Manny: Great, so T-Rob get the safeties ready to blitz their asses off. DVD rewind the corners off the los 10 yards. Simpson get the guys to vacate their gaps on passing downs to confuse Pickett running lanes if he decides to take off. And I will roll out the same linebackers as usual.

Exactly..that’s the double standard I was talking about in another post. All szn guys have been in position to make huge plays. Mallory drop vs MSU change the whole trajectory of that game. Marcus Clarke dropped pick. Kam dropped pick. Tyrique dropped picks vs Bama and MSU. Couch has 2 dropped ints as well. Some drops by Harley in the MSU game. Brinson big drop vs uva as well. Clearly the missed GW field goal. Then vs Unc tip pass int…but a L is a L at the end. And a W is a W

True. A W is a W and an L is an L at the end of the day. And i was happy as **** walking out of the stadium that we finally survived and my curse of 8 straight losses where I attended was finally over. But that doesn’t mean we can’t acknowledge that the pass D was weak as **** and they better play much better to beat Pitt next week.

This isn’t black and white Mopes vs slurpers lol.

Advertisement
True. A W is a W and an L is an L at the end of the day. And i was happy as **** walking out of the stadium that we finally survived and my curse of 8 straight losses where I attended was finally over. But that doesn’t mean we can’t acknowledge that the pass D was weak as **** and they better play much better to beat Pitt next week.

This isn’t black and white Mopes vs slurpers lol.
I think what your seeing is TROB having to work with what he has. And guys reps are being cut also. So u have 29 who struggled. U put 15 back there 1sr game back and he blew a coverage also. Idk if you realized because it can be hard to see in the stadium but Stevenson has been hurt dating back to MSU..and he definitely tweaked something last night..almost paid for it on a go route…

I think the secondary played OK. We held them to like 4/17 on 3rd down. That’s great secondary play. But the explosives and guys running free a few Time was poor. Man that’s cfb and we’re we are at personnel and experience wise back there rn. Just little things that if not cleaned up can look bad on 4/5 plays a game..BTW idk how closely you follow NC state or cfb outside of US..but that QB Leary was probably the hottest QB in the nation coming into this one. Kid is a very good College QB who is not gunna beat himself. Other than that play we’re he just threw it up and 28 Decided to knock it down instead of housing it..he hasn’t put the ball in harms was all szn

Never leave it up to the refs. Never put your future in the hands of another teams success or defeat.

Advertisement
Back