Pitt vs The U

Advertisement
People overrate the "Working the Ref" angle. We see this narrative get whipped out a ton, L isn't going to waste time on that nonsense, and that's fine.
He can be seen ****ed, and moving his jaw and about to say something a lot, the throws his hands up in disgust and walks back. I do think the players that are affected might appreciate some more action than that, make them feel less at fault and more supported, maybe?

Officials are human. You can’t tell me the coach being in your ear every time down the floor doesn’t make you watch that little bit closer for whatever it is they’re complaining about.
It's overrated. Good refs aren't listening and bad refs can be affected by anything and if you get on their bad side, they can ring you up. Would rather spend that time managing the game. L has never been that kind of coach, and honestly it works for him.

Advertisement
He can be seen ****ed, and moving his jaw and about to say something a lot, the throws his hands up in disgust and walks back. I do think the players that are affected might appreciate some more action than that, make them feel less at fault and more supported, maybe?
I’m gonna assume L knows his kids a lot better than any of us

Advertisement
Coach K and Bobby Knight disagree with you.

L might actually be a better coach of the game of basketball… but he gets the whistle of a new kid on the block.

Bobby Knight also put his hands on players, guess L should do that too. Let's be honest, L is from the Dean Smith, John Wooden, Lou Carnesecca school of coaching. Those coaches picked their spots. L does the same. It can be argued that refs pay more attention to the coaches that only say something when you've really, really screwed up, compared to the guy that whines about everything. Boeheim whines about EVERY SINGLE CALL, eventually you learn to tune it out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Walker is a borderline walkon at this point. Dude provides little to nothing of value. I just don't get why someone that athletic can be that incredibly bad. Even a guy like Quan Jones, who couldn't shoot, at least could defend, could be a player in transition. Walker has ZERO feel for the game, none. You can tell Walker doesn't watch basketball, he just doesn't have any kind of feel.

Bobby Knight also put his hands on players, guess L should do that too. Let's be honest, L is from the Dean Smith, John Wooden, Lou Carnesecca school of coaching. Those coaches picked their spots. L does the same. It can be argued that refs pay more attention to the coaches that only say something when you've really, really screwed up, compared to the guy that whines about everything. Boeheim whines about EVERY SINGLE CALL, eventually you learn to tune it out

Dude chill out I said L was a better coach than Knight - obviously I don’t want L putting hands on people and I have no idea why you would bring that argument… that has literally nothing to do with working refs.

But we also live in reality. And that reality is that L gets a consistently bad whistle.

And you’re objectively wrong - working the refs absolutely influences calls because they are people.

Walker is a borderline walkon at this point. Dude provides little to nothing of value. I just don't get why someone that athletic can be that incredibly bad. Even a guy like Quan Jones, who couldn't shoot, at least could defend, could be a player in transition. Walker has ZERO feel for the game, none. You can tell Walker doesn't watch basketball, he just doesn't have any kind of feel.

About as useful as Raphael Akpejori was

Advertisement
Back