Pitt Student here with Questions

Dear lovely people of Vice City,
This all depends on if the season happens but me and some of my Pitt friends plan on flying to Miami in October for the Pitt at Miami game, I’m originally from Orlando, Florida and am in my second year as a Psychology student at Pitt but I’ve never been to Miami and I have some questions:
1. How good is the tailgating and pregame/where should we go in the tailgating lots to get as trashed as possible before the game, I don’t want to have to remember much of our probable like 30-3 loss

You can't miss the crowd of college students nearing alcohol poisoning

2. Best nightlife either near the stadium?
Downtown? Miami Beach? Coral Gables?

If you've never been to Miami you should go to South Beach "just because" for a few drinks. But I would stick to Brickell/Wynwood (see below w/r/t beers)/Calle Ocho (see below for food). The Gables is nice but not a ton of nightlife. Though, if you're into old-school hip hop you could go to The Bar in the Gables. It's a cramped "dive bar" that's cleared out for some clubbing Friday and weekend nights.

3. Good museums and stuff to see?

Frost is pretty cool

4. Best beach to go to?

For what you're probably looking for, South Beach. But, the best is just north of South Beach between 21st and 45th avenue

5. Best place to get Cuban food?

Old's Havana Cuban Bar and Cocina. It's the closet I've seen to places actually in Havana - from the vibe to the lines of mojitos.

Definitely walk Calle Ocho as well.

6. Best place to get Craft Beers?

Wynwood has four places all walking distance and a restaurant close by with a lot of options. J Wakefield is the best > Concrete Brewing > Veza Sur (most party atmosphere) > Wynwood Brewery (the worst). Kush is a restaurant nearby with good beer. For other places you'll need to drive. This is the best cluster.

7. Prices of tickets?
thanks for help! Stay safe Miami bro’s and hope to see yinz in a few months for some good old fashioned football

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where in Orlando is Mom and Dads home??
Can I report this guy? What, you wanna come over for Dinner? I’m making some veggie burgers tonight ;) He’s asking for my specific location .... just know it’s in Orlando ... and I go back to Pitt in the Fall home of 17 National Championships

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can I report this guy? What, you wanna come over for Dinner? I’m making some veggie burgers tonight ;) He’s asking for my specific location .... just know it’s in Orlando ... and I go back to Pitt in the Fall home of 17 National Championships
I can cook better than both your Dad and his Boyfriend...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back