Pitt loss now virtually meaningless for playoff hopes

beat Clemson and we have the strongest body of work (slightly above Auburn) of any team in playoff contention.

Advertisement
We beat Clemson, we win the conference. The team got burned yesterday by looking ahead. They need to focus play by play. That's how VT and ND got beat. Not by thinking about the implications. Now Clemson will be ranked ahead of us and favored to win. Just like Notre Dame was. Let's see that Miami chip on the shoulder!

Win and we're in. It's that simple. Committee says they value 4 things the most when evaluating teams with same records.

1. Championships (Division/Conference)
2. Strength of Schedule
3. H2H games if they occurred between the teams
4. Record against Common opponents

We won our division, when we beat Clemson that takes care of the championship part. Clemson will likely be #1 when we beat them, AND still ranked and VT is too. Not 1 team Bama beat this whole season is ranked in the top 15 at the end of the season. With all that being said when we handle business this week let's get ready for the playoffs...

Truth. Bama winning or losing today was a net neutral. People thinking bama losing hurts us are wrong and people thinking them winning hurts us are wrong. The SEC is getting 1 team in . The ACC is getting 1 team in . Everyone basically agrees on this ( of the people who would know ) . Bama now must have Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose . Even then if Wisconsin lost they might get snubbed for a 2 loss OSU ( although I doubt it highly).

Auburn is the fly in the ointment.
Man do i wish Miami had a rushing attack like that..

Advertisement
I don't trust it. If Auburn wins out, they're in. I have a gut feeling they'll sneak Bama in. That'll leave two spots. If Wisc wins out they get in. If OU beats TCU, they'll be in. Heck, I think if OSU wins out, they'll get in. Our hope is for TCU to upend OU. But I certainly think Bama is taking a spot. We couldn't have lost at a more inconvenient time to a **** poor team.

Auburn is the fly in the ointment.
Man do i wish Miami had a rushing attack like that..

I get your point, but Auburn's rushing attack may not be so impressive next Saturday. They were down to their 3rd string RB by the end of the game and then he got hurt, too.

I don't trust it. If Auburn wins out, they're in. I have a gut feeling they'll sneak Bama in. That'll leave two spots. If Wisc wins out they get in. If OU beats TCU, they'll be in. Heck, I think if OSU wins out, they'll get in. Our hope is for TCU to upend OU. But I certainly think Bama is taking a spot. We couldn't have lost at a more inconvenient time to a **** poor team.
If TCU beats Oklahoma then Bama will sneak in. So we need Oklahoma to win and leave bama out. We need Wisconsin to win out also. And for Georgia to beat Auburn and give them 3 loses so Bama’s lose will suck even more. If it all works out it will be
#1Oklahoma
#2Wisky
#3Georgia
#4Miami
and big bad bama at #5 sniffing it’s Smelly Swamp @ss finger!

Advertisement
If TCU beats Oklahoma then Bama will sneak in. So we need Oklahoma to win and leave bama out. We need Wisconsin to win out also. And for Georgia to beat Auburn and give them 3 loses so Bama’s lose will suck even more. If it all works out it will be
#1Oklahoma
#2Wisky
#3Georgia
#4Miami
and big bad bama at #5 sniffing it’s Smelly Swamp @ss finger!

I like the way u think

Saban is already saying they deserve the playoffs

Fûck Saban, no they don't. Thats what you get when your conference suffers a second down year and your OOC schedule is shît. They though they were good with scheduling FSpoo poo game 1...funny how karma works

Yeah. Umm...no. Losing to a sub .500 team and looking bad doing it matters for a team like Miami. We don't get the same mulligans Ohio State does.

I believe he means if we beat Clemson. If so, he is right. One loss acc champ gets in.

Acc champ is in. The only way sec is out is if Auburn wins and committee doesn’t want to pick a 2 loss team. So figure sec for the second slot. If wi beats soup then it is in. If OU wins it is in. The fun starts if wi or OU loose. Then Bama probably sneaks in.

Advertisement

Acc champ is in. The only way sec is out is if Auburn wins and committee doesn’t want to pick a 2 loss team. So figure sec for the second slot. If wi beats soup then it is in. If OU wins it is in. The fun starts if wi or OU loose. Then Bama probably sneaks in.

I trust the judgment and that all makes sense....but 2000 is still fresh on my mind.

ACC champ is not out. 0% chance. Win and we are in.

The madness starts when OSU* beats Wisconsin. The bama likely gets in ahead of them. If OU loses it could be the same outcome but I can’t see them dropping their next game. SEC champ / ACC champ / Oklahoma / Wisconsin or at large bama

Advertisement

Auburn is 10000% percent in in this scenario. They started pushing this narrative two weeks before they played Georgia that they have a chance to beat UGA and Bama and be the number 1 team in the country. Even with two losses. If Auburn wins the SEC championship they’re in. Likely number one seed even unless Clemson gets the 1 seed this week and we unfortunately come up short next week

I trust the judgment and that all makes sense....but 2000 is still fresh on my mind.

Memories like that never fade. If we won against Pitt and then loss close to Clemson, they would have picked anyone over us, no doubt.

Advertisement
Back