Pitt loss now virtually meaningless for playoff hopes

STtheGreat

Redshirt Freshman
Now with Bama going down, the loss to Pitt doesn't hurt our playoff chances at all. Had we been undefeated and lost to Clemson, they likely would have put Bama in over us with both having 1 loss. A one loss ACC champ will be in, especially now that we have a chance to beat the #1 team in the county. Our loss to pitt is pretty comprable to clemsons loss to syracuse, so dont see any scenario that we dont get in. Cant say I want notre dame to win, but if they do that would give us another top 10 win as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah. Umm...no. Losing to a sub .500 team and looking bad doing it matters for a team like Miami. We don't get the same mulligans Ohio State does.

We went from possibly having a chance at the playoffs even with a loss in the ACC ship to absolutely having to win to get in.

What’s wrong with you.

The loss hurt no matter how you look at it.

We beat Clemson we are in, how do we not move up if we beat the #1 team and win the ACC?

Advertisement
We went from possibly having a chance at the playoffs even with a loss in the ACC ship to absolutely having to win to get in.

What’s wrong with you.

The loss hurt no matter how you look at it.

Yea it was brutal, but we can bounce back. Every station/"expert"/reprter is saying a one loss ACC champ is in. And clearly the committee is influenced by the media.

if, IF we beat pitt but lost a close one to clemson and bama lost a close one to UGA in the conference title game we could have been left out

(because bama would have had another ranked win over a good opponent in auburn)

but the loss today by bama and nothing left to boost it allows for only us to gain and makes our SOS way better than bama's

if we and bama were both going to lose one, i'm glad that bama is not going to the SEC title game and can't add auburn to their resume

obviously winning out is the best, but overall we still would have been ****ting bricks if we squeaked by pitt and then lost to clemson.

Advertisement
if, IF we beat pitt but lost a close one to clemson and bama lost a close one to UGA in the conference title game we could have been left out

(because bama would have had another ranked win over a good opponent in auburn)

but the loss today by bama and nothing left to boost it allows for only us to gain and makes our SOS way better than bama's

if we and bama were both going to lose one, i'm glad that bama is not going to the SEC title game and can't add auburn to their resume

obviously winning out is the best, but overall we still would have been ****ting bricks if we squeaked by pitt and then lost to clemson.

Exactly man looking like would have to beat clemson regardless of pitt outcome to get in

We were on the verge of being undefeated. That loss matters a whole lot. Thats just me though.

We would be #1 in the nation and a sure selection for the playoffs even with a loss to in the ACC Championship game. That's huge. All we had to do was beat a TERRIBLE Pitt team, but our QB and offense threw up on themselves for four quarters. We have not looked good on the road and the ACC championship is on the road. So, this loss does have meaning.

Advertisement
We beat Clemson we are in, how do we not move up if we beat the #1 team and win the ACC?

Oh we'll move up. Probably to #5 , right behind #4 Alabama.

We should be in with a win. It's logical. It's right. It's also in the hands of the committee, and I don't trust them at all.

Advertisement

Oh we'll move up. Probably to #5 , right behind #4 Alabama.

We should be in with a win. It's logical. It's right. It's also in the hands of the committee, and I don't trust them at al

We will probably be 6 and Bama 5. We could also be 7 if UGA jumps us. The top 4 will be Clemson OU Auburn and Wisconsin. If we win we are 100% in. We will be a 10 point underdog against Clemson after this weekend.

Win and we're in. It's that simple. Committee says they value 4 things the most when evaluating teams with same records.

1. Championships (Division/Conference)
2. Strength of Schedule
3. H2H games if they occurred between the teams
4. Record against Common opponents

We won our division, when we beat Clemson that takes care of the championship part. Clemson will likely be #1 when we beat them, AND still ranked and VT is too. Not 1 team Bama beat this whole season is ranked in the top 15 at the end of the season. With all that being said when we handle business this week let's get ready for the playoffs...

This right here. You could say that Pitt loss was bad, but we would make the case for showing out against top teams.

All there is left in the playoffs are top teams. I

Advertisement
Back