Pitt in trouble

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just setting up the penalties so when Ed Reed does it, they can hammer us.
They are calling it the Ed Reed Rule.

Because who in their right mind want to Coach in SC, GA or AL after the NFL career is over, but I bet they will be in line for the Miami COS.

Advertisement
What’s fūcking amazing is schools like Bammer and jawja brazenly flout the highest of the NCAA laws, including bagging players, paying them huge salaries, allowing non-coaches to coach, paying families, buying families houses, giving families no-show jobs... and everyone knows it.

Shlt, their fans openly talk about it on message boards.

Yet, they’re squeaky clean? Not even the slightest secondary violations.

It’s like the NCAA thinks the rest of the world is stupid and that nobody sees it.

Do you know what’s worse?

Supposed journalistic type places like ESPN, and even news services like AP, just blithely ignore it. Nobody looks into it. There’s only a gazillion clues and leads to follow.

I guess ESPN now is all about giving sports awards to trannies and cross-dressers, but God forbid they actually do some news investigation. Unless of course it’s Miami, and then it’s all over the news cycles for months when one of our players gets a used washer and dryer.

I can't even understand what they did wrong in football after reading that article.

It's like this.

If Miami hired Ed Reed in a NON-coaching role...

And then, we allowed Ed Reed to go down to the IPF to coach players and recruits...

AND THEN, in a move that is similar to the Houston Astros sign-stealing setup, Manny started playing loud music every time a non-UM "observer" was around, so that Ed Reed would know that it was time for him to go into hiding...

That's fairly close to what Pitt was doing. With, like, three Ed-Reed-types (not Hall-of-Famers, just 3 non-coaches who were coaching).

Allowed non-coaches to perform coaching roles, I think. Penalty will be minor as heck.

They already got their penalties:

The NCAA outlined the ensuing penalties for Pittsburgh as follows:

"The university and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to agree upon Level II-mitigated penalties for the university, Level II-aggravated for the former men’s basketball coach and Level I-aggravated for the former director of basketball operations. The head football coach agreed to Level II-standard penalties. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below."

• Three years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine plus 0.5% of each of the men’s basketball and football budgets.
  • A show-cause order for the head football coach withholding him from two days of team practices in August 2020. He also did not participate in one week of off-campus recruiting during the Dec. 1, 2019, through Feb. 1, 2020, contact period.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former men’s basketball coach. If he is employed by a member school during that time, he must be suspended from 30% of the first season of his employment.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former director of basketball operations. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball recruiting person days by 17 during the 2017-18 academic year.
  • A reduction in the number of men’s basketball countable coaches by one at regular practice for 16 hours during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball countable athletically related activities hours in the spring of 2020 from 20 to 18 (in-season) and eight to seven (out-of-season).
  • A reduction of countable athletically related activities for the football program by eight hours and the number of countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the 2018 football season.
  • A reduction in the number of football countable coaches by one for four days of practice in the 2019-20 academic year.
  • Two football quality control staff members must be removed from practice for three days during the 2019-20 academic year.

Advertisement
They already got their penalties:

The NCAA outlined the ensuing penalties for Pittsburgh as follows:

"The university and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to agree upon Level II-mitigated penalties for the university, Level II-aggravated for the former men’s basketball coach and Level I-aggravated for the former director of basketball operations. The head football coach agreed to Level II-standard penalties. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below."

• Three years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine plus 0.5% of each of the men’s basketball and football budgets.
  • A show-cause order for the head football coach withholding him from two days of team practices in August 2020. He also did not participate in one week of off-campus recruiting during the Dec. 1, 2019, through Feb. 1, 2020, contact period.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former men’s basketball coach. If he is employed by a member school during that time, he must be suspended from 30% of the first season of his employment.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former director of basketball operations. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball recruiting person days by 17 during the 2017-18 academic year.
  • A reduction in the number of men’s basketball countable coaches by one at regular practice for 16 hours during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball countable athletically related activities hours in the spring of 2020 from 20 to 18 (in-season) and eight to seven (out-of-season).
  • A reduction of countable athletically related activities for the football program by eight hours and the number of countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the 2018 football season.
  • A reduction in the number of football countable coaches by one for four days of practice in the 2019-20 academic year.
  • Two football quality control staff members must be removed from practice for three days during the 2019-20 academic year.

THREE YEARS of probation.

MULTIPLE show-causes.

AGGRAVATED violations.

Post-season penalties? ZERO POINT ZERO.

Yeah, F the NCAA.

What’s fūcking amazing is schools like Bammer and jawja brazenly flout the highest of the NCAA laws, including bagging players, paying them huge salaries, allowing non-coaches to coach, paying families, buying families houses, giving families no-show jobs... and everyone knows it.

Shlt, their fans openly talk about it on message boards.

Yet, they’re squeaky clean? Not even the slightest secondary violations.

It’s like the NCAA thinks the rest of the world is stupid and that nobody sees it.

Do you know what’s worse?

Supposed journalistic type places like ESPN, and even news services like AP, just blithely ignore it. Nobody looks into it. There’s only a gazillion clues and leads to follow.

I guess ESPN now is all about giving sports awards to trannies and cross-dressers, but God forbid they actually do some news investigation. Unless of course it’s Miami, and then it’s all over the news cycles for months when one of our players gets a used washer and dryer.
Facts

One of your best post in the history of CIS.....HOF worthy

Advertisement
Just setting up the penalties so when Ed Reed does it, they can hammer us.
Sure, if we did it....

"That might have been only three minutes that Ed Reed talked to that player, but it might as well have been an eternity" - Mark Emmeret

"The Miami football program must be given the death penalty by the NCAA. Not for one year. Or two. But forever. Gone. Kaput." - Buzz Bissinger, The Daily Beast

"These sort of shenanigans give all of college football a black eye" - Nick Saban, interviewed from the office of one of his car leasing companies

"I once saw Ed Reed walking in the Miami athletic center. I stayed away. I knew it was wrong. And I also announce my commitment to Georgia. #Respect my decision." - Billy McFivestarus, Twitter

Advertisement
Back