Pitt Game 2

Advertisement
Per WVUM, Gil was initially in the lineup before being pulled about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully, his initial inclusion indicates it's not too serious.

Pitt bunts in a run. McMahon failed to get to first in time allowing everyone to reach. 2-1

Advertisement
Pitt stranded a pair. McMahon is at 49 pitches through two innings.

3-1. Del Castillo misplayed it off the wall and Zamora sailed the relay over Amditis’ head.

Only down 3-1 in the third but I’d be very surprised if we came back to win today. McMahon already at 64 pitches on a day we needed him to keep his count down after using seven pitchers yesterday.

I just don’t think we’re very good right now. I still don’t believe the NCAA Tournament is a forgon conclusion yet.

An interference call helps McMahon out of the inning. Zamora made the final out more interesting than it should have been.

Advertisement
Toral golfs a single into shallow center, and Gates hits a ground rule double. Big opportunity here.

Rivera reaches on error, Toral scores, and Gates holds at second. 3-2

Advertisement
Miami deserved that for being unbelievably conservative with a base hit to CF and the CF way back. Gates could've moonwalked home.

Playing super tight and trying to pull everything, which is resulting in ground ball after ground ball to 2B. Not having Gil is also killing them because Escala can't make contact.

Toral nonchalantly fields a throw from Lala, allowing the runner to advance to second. This team does so many little things wrong.

Advertisement
Toral nonchalantly fields a throw from Lala, allowing the runner to advance to second. This team does so many little things wrong.

You're absolutely right. The announcer said he wasn't impressed with them and they look like they're not here mentally. Acting as though they expected to show up and win.

I've written a couple of times this season about how they will learn from it and grow throughout the season but it's pretty late to be making these same mistakes.

Pitt plates three with a two out double. I’m going to go bang my head into the wall now

Biggest criticism of DiMare (or Arteaga if he makes the pitching decisions) it's his ability to understand when his starting pitcher just doesn't have it. McMahon has been awful all game. After he hit a batter to bring up their best two hitters you have to take McMahon out.

Then he allows them both to reach and clear the bases. Pretty poor awareness by the coaches there.

Apparently the pitching is terrible all around. It could be that they feel they are better off with the crappy starter than a crappy reliever.

Advertisement
Back