Pitt -5.5

Advertisement
We see how we play as heavy favorites. For those of you still rooting for victories, you're only hope is this team responding to having their back against a wall as a road underdog in the cold.

Good luck.

/smashes cell phone

Advertisement
Will Manny spin losing by 3 as positive sign as we still covered the spread?
Why does it even matter?
We might mess around and beat Pitt then turn around to get Moped by FSU.
Then what? this board will implodes again? If you want change you have to hit them where it hurts.

Advertisement
We see how we play as heavy favorites. For those of you still rooting for victories, you're only hope is this team responding to having their back against a wall as a road underdog in the cold.

Good luck.

/smashes cell phone
High 50s to low 60s game time is not cold enough to use as an excuse

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Miami won. I’m half convinced Diaz will find some way to pull off victories whenever he finally seems to be on the brink of being fired. The same was true of Shannon and Golden. Remember when everybody was predicting that Shannon would get fired after Miami started the 2009 season 0-4?

Advertisement
Advertisement
No coach except for Urban Meyer (vs Miami in 2008) cares about covering the spread.

Hardly. There are widespread examples in college football. That is the most blatant one involving the Canes.

I got burned several times in Las Vegas by the same scenario...last second time outs to kick an otherwise meaningless field goal to cover the spread. Most notably was Eastern Michigan at Wisconsin in the mid '90s. I had the game in the middle until that kick.

College coaches want to keep the alumni happy, if possible. Barry Switzer had a sickened look on his face in the Orange Bowl one year when Nebraska scored as time expired to cut the deficit from 14 to 7. The spread was Oklahoma -11. I believe that was the 1978 season. One announcer didn't understand why Switzer didn't look happy. He just won a major bowl game. The other announcer laughed. He knew.

You almost never see it in the pros

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Miami won. I’m half convinced Diaz will find some way to pull off victories whenever he finally seems to be on the brink of being fired. The same was true of Shannon and Golden. Remember when everybody was predicting that Shannon would get fired after Miami started the 2009 season 0-4?

Nor I. Pittsburgh is no juggernaut. The 4 game winning streak is accomplished by a total of 14 points. Their power rating has been nothing special all year.

We need to control the pass rush

Another easy money line for the canes. If you follow the lines the last few weeks, you know that Vegas is way off on these things. Take the points. Pitt covers by a TD.

Advertisement
Back