Pitt 3-star commit CB Shadarian Harrison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Is Stafford more of a nickel corner? Don’t think I’ve heard anyone mention him as a possible safety.

Wow…yeah we need at least two pure corners in the portal, and load up high school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We also have some tweeners , they could be cb’s or could be safeties. How many pure cb‘s are currently committed ?

If you’re not going to count slot guys as corners, then just cormani. But if you count them or assume they need to be more corner than safety, (which I do), you probably need to include Stafford. So I’m saying 2 as of now. But i think that’s a bare minimum and i would expect one more HS kid and one portal. That being said, it’s always the same answer: if a difference maker wants to come, you take him no matter who else is in the room.

Advertisement
Between the portal and jermaine Mathew’s the Ohio state commit, not sure why we would take this kid, plus damari brown and his brother still floating out there

Advertisement
I'm ok with taking a 3 stars that has the measurables and can play. Look, every CB in the league was not a 5 star kid. Before we start yet another 5 star vs. 3 star debate on this board, let me first say, STOP. I hear you. I would rather have the 5 star kid, too. It's not debatable. It's been proven time and time again, that the more 5 star talent you have, the better your chance of winning. And the better chance that he will get drafted. I get it. But all 5 stars ain't created equal. Bama got ny99as in the portal, too. It happens. I would be more than fine with taking a 3 star kid that has been evaluated and offered by Alonzo, and Mario.
Reasonable post but I don’t like the recent trend with our commits. Horton makes sense and why we took him. The LB was a reach but he has okay qualities for being the 4th LB but now this kid? Sure I get it, we have Zo scouting kids but this starts to smell a lot like previous staffs. This kid is on the same team as the #2 player in the country and another kid highly ranked in Williams that is committed to UGA. Nobody noticed this kid all year and decided to pursue until we did?

Between the portal and jermaine Mathew’s the Ohio state commit, not sure why we would take this kid, plus damari brown and his brother still floating out there
Damaris Brother legit? I mean as in he was good at UCF I know we wanted him out of high school

Damaris Brother legit? I mean as in he was good at UCF I know we wanted him out of high school
He was UCF’s starting corner. Don’t think he’s elite by any means but an upgrade over ivy and couch and brings in experience. Not to mention all but assures his younger brother would follow

We need corners if you look at all the injuries we sustained this year, you can never have enough corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back