Pitching Rotation

Pretty similar demeanor in practice. He can get on guys at times. In particular, I don’t recall him coaching anyone as intently as Cyr. That said, unless it’s all hugs and Coach L style dancing behind the scenes, Gino kind of is who he is. My sense is that he’s a very direct person, but not necessarily the warmest. Lopez gets the occasional quip in with players that make you laugh, but for the most part the staff as a whole seems very reflective of the head coach on field.

The liveliest I’ve seen practices was Gino’s first year. There was a little bit on an energy about the place, but post COVID it’s settled in somewhere between that and the absolutely dead atmosphere of the final Morris years.
That sucks and it its not a great recipe for players to relax and just play...and Ill be the first to admit I got like that at times. But I had assistants that I told to tell me. They were my eyes and ears. Some practices you gotta be an *****. But some practices you crank the music, take a few swings to embarrass yourself, or just show you arent a complete robot.

All that being said I go back to I wonder if he is even enjoying himself any longer or its just all he knows. I'd love after a big win if he jumped in that cart and let the kids push him and douse him with water or something.

Advertisement
That sucks and it its not a great recipe for players to relax and just play...and Ill be the first to admit I got like that at times. But I had assistants that I told to tell me. They were my eyes and ears. Some practices you gotta be an *****. But some practices you crank the music, take a few swings to embarrass yourself, or just show you arent a complete robot.

All that being said I go back to I wonder if he is even enjoying himself any longer or its just all he knows. I'd love after a big win if he jumped in that cart and let the kids push him and douse him with water or something.
I’d pay extra to see that

Gallo is on the mound tonight
He is due for one of those exceptional outings. But honestly I'd have someone up each inning ready if stuff goes sideways and just let him roll as long as you can. If we got 5 innings of 4 run ball that would be a monumental success and I'd expect our offense to at least match that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
it's happening isn't it

FuQZfMYakAIi2-4

Have to imagine he’ll be on a pitch count, especially with a short week coming up. You should have Chestnutt available to help make the junction to the back end. Wouldn’t be 100% surprised if he skips the start entirely or is a very short stint opener if we’ve already won the series.
Would be a nice shot in the arm, given the state of the bullpen.

Advertisement
I've given up on that. The old school stuff doesn't work anymore in these days of real time info, but that's his call. Just seems he could create more excitement around the program if he communicated more.

I've given up on that. The old school stuff doesn't work anymore in these days of real time info, but that's his call. Just seems he could create more excitement around the program if he communicated more.
He still never officially made a statement about Walt Jr. I think Martin has been hurt too but everything is a state secret with this guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back