Pitching Rotation

SEC isn’t much different. Anything goes every other weekend.
Yeah esp the west. It pains me to type this but with LSU's injury bug Florida is the team that in a regional and super regional are going to be extremely tough with their rotation.

That said Crews, Tommy Tanks, and Skenes are so good they can carry a team

Advertisement
Yeah esp the west. It pains me to type this but with LSU's injury bug Florida is the team that in a regional and super regional are going to be extremely tough with their rotation.

That said Crews, Tommy Tanks, and Skenes are so good they can carry a team
I thought UGA was gonna win game 3 and end UF’s streak of 12 straight series wins. That walk off RBI single in the bottom of the 9th was ruthless. Was really impressed with UGA’s pitching that game, but ****, UF is so stacked.

I thought UGA was gonna win game 3 and end UF’s streak of 12 straight series wins. That walk off RBI single in the bottom of the 9th was ruthless. Was really impressed with UGA’s pitching that game, but ****, UF is so stacked.
Look up that UF pitcher getting run for celebrating a K. Another example of umps getting more and more thin-skinned.

Advertisement
Assuming Ligon is done for the regular season:

Friday - Ziehl
Saturday - Rosario
Sunday - Torres
Midweek - Gallo

Bullpen: Walt, Chestnutt, Leq, Scinta, Rafe, Seabass

Also, here's my lineup card moving forward if I'm Gino:

Kayfus 1B
Cyr 2B
Yoyo 3B
Levenson LF
Carrier RF
Farrow DH
Pitelli SS
Perez C
Gomez CF

Since we can't find consistency at the 2-hole, just go for broke and ride with Carrier/Farrow and hope they hit HRs between all the strike outs.

I’m almost more excited. Assuming the trend continues and everyone goes into post season around where they are now we could go 1-2 in Acc tourney, 1-2 in regionals and be done and not be shocked. Or this team that we can’t figure out catches fire and just keeps winning ugly. Maybe an Acc champ game appearance and catches a 1 seed who isn’t sharp down the stretch (like us recently). Take us on an unexpected run.

Last edited:
Assuming Ligon is done for the regular season:

Friday - Ziehl
Saturday - Rosario
Sunday - Torres
Midweek - Gallo

Bullpen: Walt, Chestnutt, Leq, Scinta, Rafe, Seabass

Also, here's my lineup card moving forward if I'm Gino:

Kayfus 1B
Cyr 2B
Yoyo 3B
Levenson LF
Carrier RF
Farrow DH
Pitelli SS
Perez C
Gomez CF

Since we can't find consistency at the 2-hole, just go for broke and ride with Carrier/Farrow and hope they hit HRs between all the strike outs.
You and I have always thought alike rok. That rotation is scary but I agree.

Move cyr to 2 hole please

All of this happy talk on the assumption that Ligon is done for the year? Baseball is still pitching and defense - we have practically no shot of advancing in the post-season IMO, if he is out for the season.

But who knows, maybe he's back Friday. Although it's like pulling teeth to find out what is going on w player injuries w this club.

Advertisement
%7B86c6faf3-7756-4ee9-88ea-1eda14bbe95c%7D_Titos-email-BARK-AT-THE-PARK-4x5.jpg

Can any of them pitch? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

And honestly, the pitching staff deserves a lot of credit for gutting out the game 3 W on Sat.

From what I read about elbow tendinitis, it can take a few weeks to several months to get back to normal. If Ligon is out again this weekend, here’s my rotation:

Friday SP: Alejandro Torres.
Saturday: Gage Ziehl
Sunday: Rosario (opener)

Torres has pitched markedly better than Ziehl. I’m fact, Ziehl’s numbers are below average bordering on bad right now. I doubt that his poor pitching performances on Friday are anything more than a statistical anomaly, but I’m putting Torres there based on performance. Fun fact: His WHIP is almost as good as Walter’s at .84.

Rosario I’d give 2 maybe 3 innings before the inevitable implosion. I’d rather he not pitch at all: in fact I’d rather he be pitching for the Lansing Lugnuts or anywhere else but the Miami Hurricanes, but the reality is that there aren’t a lot of options on the staff right now. The rest of the game I’d stitch together a triage unit of Chestnutt, Scinta, or anyone else with 2 arms and two legs. It worked last game, but that strategy is probably not repeatable.

From what I read about elbow tendinitis, it can take a few weeks to several months to get back to normal. If Ligon is out again this weekend, here’s my rotation:

Friday SP: Alejandro Torres.
Saturday: Gage Ziehl
Sunday: Rosario (opener)

Torres has pitched markedly better than Ziehl. I’m fact, Ziehl’s numbers are below average bordering on bad right now. I doubt that his poor pitching performances on Friday are anything more than a statistical anomaly, but I’m putting Torres there based on performance. Fun fact: His WHIP is almost as good as Walter’s at .84.

Rosario I’d give 2 maybe 3 innings before the inevitable implosion. I’d rather he not pitch at all: in fact I’d rather he be pitching for the Lansing Lugnuts or anywhere else but the Miami Hurricanes, but the reality is that there aren’t a lot of options on the staff right now. The rest of the game I’d stitch together a triage unit of Chestnutt, Scinta, or anyone else with 2 arms and two legs. It worked last game, but that strategy is probably not repeatable.
I trust Torres location more than any of our guys so I wouldn’t be mad seeing him moved to Friday. I don’t think Gino would ever do it but I would like to see him given the chance

All of this happy talk on the assumption that Ligon is done for the year? Baseball is still pitching and defense - we have practically no shot of advancing in the post-season IMO, if he is out for the season.

But who knows, maybe he's back Friday. Although it's like pulling teeth to find out what is going on w player injuries w this club.
I wouldn't count on Ligon the rest of the season

Advertisement
Advertisement
@scane it seems like you get to see a lot of the team from fall up until now. I have had this on my mind for awhile now and I dont want it to seem like I am nitpicking. As a former college coach I know the player/coach dynamic is tough. You can be to friendly but you can let the players get away with everything.

But Dimare seems like the most unemotional coach I have seen. Players hit homeruns I rarely if ever see a smile as they slap hands(YoYo got a bit of a smile last night but Carrier and Cyr got nothing). Remove a pitcher - never a little lean in convo or a half hug... He just takes the ball and goes. Maybe he is trying to run the program like a professional team.

But is he a complete robot like he comes off as on tv and even in those short interviews (which I hate dont get me wrong..in game its the last thing you want. But its an opportunity to put on a show for potential recruits). Or is he simply not enjoying himself and doing this because its all he knows?

It could all be nothing....and I was fairly even keel as a coach. But in certain instances a natural emotion takes over. Players see that.

@scane it seems like you get to see a lot of the team from fall up until now. I have had this on my mind for awhile now and I dont want it to seem like I am nitpicking. As a former college coach I know the player/coach dynamic is tough. You can be to friendly but you can let the players get away with everything.

But Dimare seems like the most unemotional coach I have seen. Players hit homeruns I rarely if ever see a smile as they slap hands(YoYo got a bit of a smile last night but Carrier and Cyr got nothing). Remove a pitcher - never a little lean in convo or a half hug... He just takes the ball and goes. Maybe he is trying to run the program like a professional team.

But is he a complete robot like he comes off as on tv and even in those short interviews (which I hate dont get me wrong..in game its the last thing you want. But its an opportunity to put on a show for potential recruits). Or is he simply not enjoying himself and doing this because its all he knows?

It could all be nothing....and I was fairly even keel as a coach. But in certain instances a natural emotion takes over. Players see that.
Pretty similar demeanor in practice. He can get on guys at times. In particular, I don’t recall him coaching anyone as intently as Cyr. That said, unless it’s all hugs and Coach L style dancing behind the scenes, Gino kind of is who he is. My sense is that he’s a very direct person, but not necessarily the warmest. Lopez gets the occasional quip in with players that make you laugh, but for the most part the staff as a whole seems very reflective of the head coach on field.

The liveliest I’ve seen practices was Gino’s first year. There was a little bit on an energy about the place, but post COVID it’s settled in somewhere between that and the absolutely dead atmosphere of the final Morris years.

Advertisement
Back