Pitching Rotation

No change to the weekend rotation
giphy.gif
B7BDBAD0-6EC8-4075-B1AB-EF112B3A8BF4.jpeg

Advertisement
No change to the weekend rotation
giphy.gif
Don’t get it. I don’t know another word to describe besides seniority.. but even using that word is a stretch since it’s been going on since his sophomore year.

But this goes down as the worst “seniority” I’ve seen at miami across all 3 sports.

Advertisement
That's easy to say sitting in front of our computers. But what if the answer just isn't on the roster? These coaches see these guys in practice, you know. They, like us, also see their game performance. But have access to additional data as and day to day basically living with these kids.

I think it's the coaches fault, but I don't think it has anything to do with favoritism. That's the weakest fan-crutch there is in sports, IMO. As if coaches are willing to jeopardize their jobs, reputation and ability to make a living with some conspiracy concept of sabotaging their own program to make a kid they like happy.

No, you put the guys out there who give you the best shot to win. Sometimes that guy isn't as good as you or the fans would like, but it's the best option you have.

Yes, it's the coaches fault, but it's a recruiting issue IMO.
I understand what you’re saying but The coaching staff hasn’t even tried to give another guy a shot. If we at least saw some different guys given a shot on Sunday we could all agree they’re not on the roster. But to blame practice for not removing a kid who has stunk for 3 years is scary if true

I totally agree on the recruiting front

Last edited:
I understand what you’re saying but The coaching staff hasn’t even tried to give another guy a shot. If we at least saw some different guys given a shot on Sunday we could all agree they’re not on the roster. But to blame practice for not removing a kid who has stunk for 3 years is scary if true

I totally agree on the recruiting front
I think that may be what they were trying with Leq midweek, and why I’m so intent on getting a look at Rafe as the midweek starter.

I'm waiting for the weekend where Ligon is off, Ziehl gets hit around and then Rosario goes out and looks like Mark Prior for 8 innings.
That weekend is here already, although I don't think many of us expect 4 innings from him let alone 8 (and at least Ziehl didn't match your prediction).

Even if we avoid the sweep, we've been exposed against good pitching. And NCST and VT have been exposed as well, making our 5 - 1 start at home look less impressive.

Advertisement
Assuming we keep moving through this season with the same rotation and then the revolving door mid-week Ill say we finish with this run...I rushed this so If i missed a game or weekend I apologize but the gist of it is there. (Bold is actual outcome)

FSU - 1-2 (Wake hangover..but hopefully we get 2) (3-0 - huge for us in the long run likely)
UCF - Loss - (W took advantage of UCF struggling)
UVA - 1-2 -(0-3 even 1 would have been great with the sweep of FSU)
UNC - 1-2 - (2-1 great series win. Some of us talked about this team just winning ugly. This series feels like the pinnacle of that…but keep it up!)
Bethune and FAU - W's - Well...Bethune was a W. But a bad FAU loss. I guess a positive spin is every top 25 team is losing mid week games more frequently. 2-1 vs Gtech this weekend will soften the blow. Lets see how the rest of the predictions play out.
GTech - Ill say 2-1 but Gtech is interesting. Took the series 2-1. Wasnt always pretty but this year across all of college baseball pretty doesnt matter. Win each series. Need the FAU game and Louisville is struggling. But its at there place. So that 1-2 still is likely.
FAU - Loss (looking ahead to Louisville) - glad I was wrong here but it wasn’t pretty. Again mid week games across the country are not gimmes for anyone at this point. So take the W
Ville - 1-2 (at their place so 0-3 isnt out of the question)
We would be around 27-20 I think 11-13 in conference...Then our late season streak may start...27-16 and 13-10 in conference. I must have counted an extra non conference series for total games. So 35-36 wins and less than 20 losses should get get us a regional. 11 games left. 8-3 can be done.
Presbyterian - 3-0 (But they are not horrible..they could steal 1) they are who we thought they were but didn’t let them hang around long enough to steal one.
FIU - W - Took care of business. Sweep Pitt would be great. But 2 is a must
Pitt - 2-1 - took care of business taking 2, but while I thought maybe we’d be peaking around now and on a hot streak we are starting to limp a bit. Big Duke series coming up who is playing well and coached extremely well.
FIU - W - easy mid week game. Now the big one. We need to host…
Duke - 2-1 - their staff is pretty solid. This could be a huge series for them if they keep playing better- for about 14 innings this was looking like a bad series. Ended up one of if not our best.

Finishing at roughly 36-26 and 15-15 in conference. My math was horrible on total games. Should have said more like 34-20 and 15—15. But we took some series with some cardiac games and caught Louisville in the tailspin and FSU just absolutely sucked. Finishing I think at 37-18 and 18-12. Would love to even just get 1 in the Acc tourney.

I would welcome being wrong...I hope I'm wrong but at this point in the season and with teams settling in this is just the feeling I get. Maybe we catch one of those first group of teams on a bad weekend and steal some games and sneak up to 40 wins. But I dont expect us to be hosting a super regional either. which means we will be a lower seed or even a 2 probably going to Gainesville or with our luck LSU- Duke Series likely avoided this scenario. (2 seed and Maybe even Florida…but regardless when you get to a Super you are going to see legit arms.)

Last edited:
Assuming we keep moving through this season with the same rotation and then the revolving door mid-week Ill say we finish with this run...I rushed this so If i missed a game or weekend I apologize but the gist of it is there.

FSU - 1-2 (Wake hangover..but hopefully we get 2)
UCF - Loss
UVA - 1-2
UNC - 1-2
Bethune and FAU - W's
GTech - Ill say 2-1 but Gtech is interesting.
FAU - Loss (looking ahead to Louisville)
Ville - 1-2 (at their place so 0-3 isnt out of the question)
We would be around 27-24 I think 11-13 in conference...Then our late season streak may start...
Presbyterian - 3-0 (But they are not horrible..they could steal 1)
FIU - W
Pitt - 2-1
FIU - W
Duke - 2-1

Finishing at roughly 36-26 and 15-15 in conference.

I would welcome being wrong...I hope I'm wrong but at this point in the season and with teams settling in this is just the feeling I get. Maybe we catch one of those first group of teams on a bad weekend and steal some games and sneak up to 40 wins. But I dont expect us to be hosting a regional either. which means we will be a 2 seed probably going to Gainesville or with our luck LSU
36-26 probably gets us a 3 seed in Vanderbilt :(

Torres is back to starting today. I suppose it explains some of the bullpen decisions on Sunday, without explaining why you prioritize a midweek game over a 1-0 lead in a conference game.

One of the other issues with our games right now is we can barely use Walters. 1 inning per weekend isnt really going to helping us if games keep playing out the way they do.

Is it time to use him in a slightly extended role. Close game w/ lead on a friday do you say f it and use him for 2 or 3? Then you at least potentially have more arms to try and get game 2 or 3. Maybe if his pitch count is low he could occasionally come back on sunday for 1.

Its a fine line to walk to because with him starting to really show he has a plus slider he is a guy who is probably going to move up draft boards even as a true reliever. So you dont want to cost the kid his future but we also are trying to win games.

Advertisement
One of the other issues with our games right now is we can barely use Walters. 1 inning per weekend isnt really going to helping us if games keep playing out the way they do.

Is it time to use him in a slightly extended role. Close game w/ lead on a friday do you say f it and use him for 2 or 3? Then you at least potentially have more arms to try and get game 2 or 3. Maybe if his pitch count is low he could occasionally come back on sunday for 1.

Its a fine line to walk to because with him starting to really show he has a plus slider he is a guy who is probably going to move up draft boards even as a true reliever. So you dont want to cost the kid his future but we also are trying to win games.
Or in high leverage situations like the other day, instead of an untested Rafe. No way that kid hits a one handed HR lo left off Walters. That inning was the game, and the coaches knew it would be a shortened game at that.

To your point, you have to adjust at times when you have a weapon like Andrew.

Didn’t expect one after Rosario was relatively okay last week, but no changes to the rotation. Surprised Gino shared this info with FSU’s starters TBA for Saturday and Sunday. This whole thing started with Link not revealing his final starter last year.

Advertisement
Didn’t expect one after Rosario was relatively okay last week, but no changes to the rotation. Surprised Gino shared this info with FSU’s starters TBA for Saturday and Sunday. This whole thing started with Link not revealing his final starter last year.

Wyatt Crowell is still out for FSU

4 IP 2 ER 4 BB and 2 HBP. That’s “relatively”okay in massive neon and capital letters

Advertisement
Back