Pitching Rotation

Advertisement
Gino probably starts Gallo again, but I’d like to see Rafe get a shot at the midweek job. He earned it preseason, and looked good yesterday. We already have Scinta as our main bullpen lefty.

Gino probably starts Gallo again, but I’d like to see Rafe get a shot at the midweek job. He earned it preseason, and looked good yesterday. We already have Scinta as our main bullpen lefty.
If he can throw strikes, his stuff is much nastier. He's got that Palmquist type movement and delivery.

Rosario will remain the guy on Sundays. We just have to sit still and take it.

Gallo should be reserved for batting practice. I’m sorry, but he is terrible.

Advertisement
Rosario will remain the guy on Sundays. We just have to sit still and take it.
The fact that DiMare either can’t grasp the fact that Rosario is a liability, or that he hasn’t done anything in the last couple seasons to develop another Sunday starter, speaks volumes.

Rosario can’t be our Sunday guy anymore, we won’t always get a chance for the sweep. Someone has to step up because our offense this year is way to good to waste. Any thoughts on who might take that next step?

Advertisement
Rosario can’t be our Sunday guy anymore, we won’t always get a chance for the sweep. Someone has to step up because our offense this year is way to good to waste. Any thoughts on who might take that next step?
As @scane suggested, maybe give Rafe a shot or Torres if Walters' arm is Ok and he's back in the closer's role. He sure seemed fine on Saturday.

As @scane suggested, maybe give Rafe a shot or Torres if Walters' arm is Ok and he's back in the closer's role. He sure seemed fine on Saturday.
I would like to try Rafe in the midweek spot first. You can’t keep band-aiding those with bullpen games anyway. Either Chestnutt or Torres should give you a more competitive start than Rosario on Sunday. I lean a little toward Chestnutt for this week because he did get fully stretched to start.

Not sure what you do with Rosario. There isn’t a lot of indication he’ll be better out of the bullpen. Four of his seven bullpen appearances produced an ERA of greater than 7.00, including all three appearances last year.
I'd look for spots where he could enter w a runner on 3rd or 2nd and 3rd w less than two outs where you need a K, and hope he gets out of the inning and then, that's that. Make him feel like a contributor again before you stretch him any further. But I suspect we'll see him start again Sunday.

Advertisement
Not sure what you do with Rosario. There isn’t a lot of indication he’ll be better out of the bullpen. Four of his seven bullpen appearances produced an ERA of greater than 7.00, including all three appearances last year.
He needs to enter the portal and play down at a D2 school like Barry that has a good pitching coach and reinvent himself.

I'd look for spots where he could enter w a runner on 3rd or 2nd and 3rd w less than two outs where you need a K, and hope he gets out of the inning and then, that's that. Make him feel like a contributor again before you stretch him any further. But I suspect we'll see him start again Sunday.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
The fact that DiMare either can’t grasp the fact that Rosario is a liability, or that he hasn’t done anything in the last couple seasons to develop another Sunday starter, speaks volumes.
Yep and that is why Gino has to go.

Indiana St cant hit. They have seen no arms and still are hitting under .200 and a feeble .200 at that.

Should be a good confidence builder. Throw strikes, work ahead, get some K's and ground balls, and eat up a bunch of innings so we have a full staff for the weekend (which we shouldnt need but still dont know what to expect).

I'd assume we see their ace who looks solid but not anything these guys havent seen this season. Would love another 10 spot. But a quick mid week turnaround I wouldnt be shocked at a slow start. But throwing up a crooked number in the first 3 innings would be great for Chestnutt.

So another 12-9 score? I know that was a little negative.

Advertisement
Back