Pinky Promise

DC1986

ALL lives matter. Back the Blue!
Banned
The recent and past de-commitments got me to thinking that some recruits don't really take giving their word seriously. I was raised that a man was only as good as his word. Some recruits don't seem to believe that verbally committing to a school should be a binding agreement anymore. Maybe we should have another type of commitment, one that is taken deathly serious in many parts of the world. The Pinky Promise would ensure that once a recruit says that he is committed and makes the Pinky Promise, that there would be no more games or flirtations with other schools. Penalties for breaking a Pinky Promise can be quite severe in certain circles. It would eliminate a lot of the b.s. that goes on now.

View attachment 39949

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mods please pin this thread to the top, I want serious discussion on this, not for it to be buried in all the negativity about coach richts play callings.

Doesn't the OP call his winky a pinkie?

Have no idea how that's supposed to work on helping recruiting.

Advertisement
Doesn't the OP call his winky a pinkie?

Have no idea how that's supposed to work on helping recruiting.

lol...just trying to lighten the mood in here my friend. I think it will get worse before it gets better unfortunately.

The recent and past de-commitments got me to thinking that some recruits don't really take giving their word seriously. I was raised that a man was only as good as his word. Some recruits don't seem to believe that verbally committing to a school should be a binding agreement anymore. Maybe we should have another type of commitment, one that is taken deathly serious in many parts of the world. The Pinky Promise would ensure that once a recruit says that he is committed and makes the Pinky Promise, that there would be no more games or flirtations with other schools. Penalties for breaking a Pink Promise can be quite severe in certain circles. It would eliminate a lot of the games that are being played now.

Interesting you bring this up. University of Iowa on paper had its best recruiting class to date as of last month. Two top recruits Eno Benjamin (Miami should take a look at) and Chevin Calloway took official visits to other schools. Iowa has a strict no visit once committed policy and cut both loose. Iowa went from top 20 class to 43 in a matter of a week. Kinda proves you gotta play these kids reindeer games

Advertisement
Butch Davis locks all those croots down.

He is a rooster genius.

i have a rooster and he's dumb as fvck, bout to become dinner if he wakes me up at 5am again.

If Butch Davis was our coach you wouldn't have that problem.

lol, love butch but I'm not sure he would be doing any better with this dumpster fire.

Dem croots would not be jumping ship like rats off the Titanic. Butch locks that schit down.

It's his specialty.

Advertisement
e8ba39e3825da62ca3d57bcc32242098.jpg

Eh. Pretty sure dalvin cook pinky promised Alf at one point..missed out on a pretty spectacular Signing Day ice cream sorcial

Advertisement
Back