Pick two

View attachment 282524

Tough but for THIS team I’d go with Irvin and Wilfork.
Rolle and Sapp (Sean Taylor honorable mention) because we need a hoss in the trenches on D and some CB help. I also recognize we need some Safety help - hence ST - but I have more faith in what we have on hand for safety than I do CB. I think Zaquan is gonna be a Day 1 starter and we have Big Meesh coming in.

Advertisement
That would've been a good option too but Warren didn't Excell against the run. He was more complimentary against the run. For what this team needs it's a safety and a run stopping dt so it's Vince & ST. A high level feature running back would be great but not as important to this teams success as rb isn't a weakness nor is it a strength as of yet.
What about CB? You think CB or Safety is a bigger issue right now? I wasn't so sure myself, but felt slightly more confident in safety...slightly.

Big Vince and Sean Taylor.

The defense would eat and it would give the offense plenty of opportunities to put points on the board. As an added bonus, ST could return punts as well.

Advertisement
Mcgahee
Moss

Irvin would have been a choice but moss is a great 2 for 1 in that he was a great returner

Advertisement
What about CB? You think CB or Safety is a bigger issue right now? I wasn't so sure myself, but felt slightly more confident in safety...slightly.
Safety is a far bigger issue. I was tempted to say ST & trelle. To really lock it up and trelle was a ball hawk with lock down skills. But then you have holes in your run defense. CB will only become an issue if we match up against better passing teams. I get people's concerns with cb play. But honestly cb play is heightened by a strong front. If we get that level of production out of the front 7 the cb group will play beyond its skill level regardless.

Advertisement
Is it an age thing with people picking Wilfork over Sapp or what? There's no comparison between the two and that's not a slight to Wilfork, but instead speaks to how good Sapp was.

That would've been a good option too but Warren didn't Excell against the run. He was more complimentary against the run. For what this team needs it's a safety and a run stopping dt so it's Vince & ST. A high level feature running back would be great but not as important to this teams success as rb isn't a weakness nor is it a strength as of yet.

In the same breath, Vince couldn't get to the QB the same way either. Sapp you have to double team every rep. Vince you could go away from and negate to a degree.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back