Physical, physicality, we have to be more physical

Advertisement
Physicality is partly taught, and partly your attitude. I was an angry mfer who loved getting in fights. Had nothing much to do with my parents. I was just a ****. Put my talents on the football field and I fell in love with the sport.

Otoh live tackling drills and full blown scrimmages where you beat each other up also helps a team become physical. Remember when we didn’t suck the players under Coach Da Gawd Davis used to say the games were easy compared to his practices? They aint sayin that anymore.

We need to recruit some goons on defense and let them kick the offenses *** every day at practice.

Yeah...
All of those South Florida kids in the NFL sure were soft throughout their careers. Must be how they got to the league.

I sure would love a soft a$s Nik Bonitto or Brandon Dorlus on our defense. Or a soft a$s Jordan Battle. Matter of fact, isn't our most physical DB a Miami kid who transferred from Georgia?
I know our offense could use that soft a$s Nayquan Wright and Xavier Henderson that I just saw expose Bama's defense a couple days ago.

Come to think of it...
Isn't that Buffalo Bill offense that just face fvcked the Miami Dolphins filled with soft a$s South Florida kids?

Gurvan Hall is from South Florida. Nothing more needs to be said, just turn on ESPN

Call me crazy but we may just need to hire a rabid tobacco chewing redneck like the PE teacher from Beavis and Butthead, and not a bleeding heart social justice champion living out a fantasy.

Advertisement
Physicality will always be the name of the game. hit or be hit and it starts in the trenches. build your team from the inside out. The Oline of this team has been a joke for years and it festers throughout the rest of the team. Our oline doesn't move anyone they just happen to get in the way sometimes. horrible. Cant tackle anyone now for 3yrs running. horrible

I would have them tackle in practice every day. Full contact every single day. No ***** given how many get injured. Every day.

Until they prove they can tackle, then maybe you dial it back. But not until then

All you hear from Diaz is psychobabble, your least physical defender should not be playing. The culture you set as a coach defines how physical your kids play. I'll guarantee you UM does not run physical practices. There's no fight in all but a few of these kids. Instead of running into someone trying to lay him out, UM defenders are reaching, flailing, sliding out of the way basically doing everything they can to avoid full contact. These kids are lazy and poorly coached

It's embarrassing to watch. This is exactly what UM was like before Howard.S took over. A bunch of pretty boys who want nothing other than to lay on the beach and chase girls. Football is not a priority to them and winning is less.

Why do you think Mack Brown fired Manny in season at Texas? The same things we're seeing at UM were on full display at Texas in 2013. It was just a matter of time before Diaz got exposed at UM as being completely unprepared to be the HC.

Physicality will always be the name of the game. hit or be hit and it starts in the trenches. build your team from the inside out. The Oline of this team has been a joke for years and it festers throughout the rest of the team. Our oline doesn't move anyone they just happen to get in the way sometimes. horrible. Cant tackle anyone now for 3yrs running. horrible

That’s right. But then you got folks here on CIS crying about “skeemz” when that **** is just glitter and gloss and doesn’t matter one ******* bit.

Football is the same exact game it was back when they were running the wishbone or the triple option. It has always, and will always be about BLOCKS and TACKLING.

The best defenses are those where the first man to the ball carrier brings him down. The best offenses are those that can run the football and get plays blocked up.

Football is not fancy. People try to make it chess. It’s not. It’s about manning up and whipping the **** out of the guy lined up across from you and nothing more

Advertisement
If Miami could do just three things, they would never lose another game.

First man to the ball carrier always brings him down and always knocks the ball carrier backward.

Running back always knocks the defender back and gets tackled falling forward

Wide receivers never drop a pass that hits their hands.

We would never lose.

That’s right. But then you got folks here on CIS crying about “skeemz” when that **** is just glitter and gloss and doesn’t matter one ******* bit.

Football is the same exact game it was back when they were running the wishbone or the triple option. It has always, and will always be about BLOCKS and TACKLING.

The best defenses are those where the first man to the ball carrier brings him down. The best offenses are those that can run the football and get plays blocked up.

Football is not fancy. People try to make it chess. It’s not. It’s about manning up and whipping the **** out of the guy lined up across from you and nothing more
I have been saying it all week. what happened to all the donks claiming up tempo spread would mask our horrible oline? that would be "scheming"

No.

Tbh I don’t think you get to this level being timid ( for the most part).

Having physical practices with tackling is how you become a physical team. I’m not saying have 100% live contact daily but you can’t be a good tackling team only having thud. If you don’t practice a tackle and taking a guy down you’ll be a bad tackling team. The areas we struggle in coincide with how we practice.

Our practices are more based on speed and going fast. Back in the day it was based on physicality and whipping a guy in front of you. Football will always be about beating another man in front of you. The best teams practice that , it’s part of their dna.

To answer your question i 100% believe you can make a kid change his mind set, if I drop you in an Oregon , Alabama, Osu, Clemson or Uga practice you’ll eventually take on that personality and dna. Or you’ll be gone.

During the Jimmy Johnson era, the Wednesday scrimmage was known to be among the most violent things in all of sport. Players often spoke about how the Wednesday scrimmage was tougher than 9 out of the 11 games they would play in a given season.

I have been saying it all week. what happened to all the donks claiming up tempo spread would mask our horrible oline? that would be "scheming"

There is no scheme that can hide bad fundamentals.

These kids are lucky I’m not coaching them. We’d be running the most vanilla offense and defense imaginable and we’d be doing nothing but live action blocking and tackling drills until they get the basics down COLD.

THEN you can worry about scheme.

Advertisement
You know who looks unphysical?

PLAYERS THAT PLAY SLOW AND ARE OUT OF POSITION.

Remember 2015? Everyone thought all of our guys were sub jags, we had no ability to rush the passer, etc. in comes richt and mani with an aggressive defense and all of a sudden our guys don’t look so sh1tty.

Mario can get the team more physical, especially the oline, and will recruit Florida harder than any 21st century Miami HC

Advertisement
I think you are right physicality starts with the O line, those are the ones that set the tone. I mean our guys just don't fire out, instead of looking for work they just stand there some times. Its like we lean on folks, instead of kicking them out :

There is no scheme that can hide bad fundamentals.

These kids are lucky I’m not coaching them. We’d be running the most vanilla offense and defense imaginable and we’d be doing nothing but live action blocking and tackling drills until they get the basics down COLD.

THEN you can worry about scheme.
Agree that's where we need to start: Mike Barrow when asked about those great defenses, he basically said we got 9 defensive calls, basically a base defense ( 80% of the time). Just block, tackle, catch, no t.o and penalties, and you will have a chance in every game.
Just think how many games we have given away since 2003, cause we killed ourselves
This is like these optimist basketball coaches, that have 30 plays, and the team doesn't even know how to make a layup.

Advertisement
Back