Physical, physicality, we have to be more physical

MiamiChris

Freshman
MAKE IT STOP. This is all I’ve heard for 3 weeks now, we are either physical or we are not. The answer is WE ARE NOT, not sure if it’s the kids we are recruiting, I know x players say coaches take the dog out of certain players (I don’t even know how you do that).

We play soft and not sure that can be fixed or will be fixed with this staff.

Advertisement
MAKE IT STOP. This is all I’ve heard for 3 weeks now, we are either physical or we are not. The answer is WE ARE NOT, not sure if it’s the kids we are recruiting, I know x players say coaches take the dog out of certain players (I don’t even know how you do that).
We haven’t been physical in over a decade. We’re a finesse program from the top down to the coaches and players. Miami has always been either the most physical team in cfb or one of the most physical. We haven't had an identity in forever ,unless you count being soft.

ZomboMeme 20092021145214.jpg

It’s absolutely the kids we’re recruiting. You can’t teach physicality. You either want to take somebody’s head off or you don’t. Look around SFL. Find me a school that plays sound, fundamental, hard nosed ball. You can’t. It non existent down here…unless you play for Deerfield shout out to @Coach Macho even though you’ll come in here and argue with me. That’s why we see teams like Treasure Coast kick the teeth in of AH. Half these coaches down here need a pair of Pom poms instead of clipboards and headsets.

Why do you think Butch and Jimmy started to recruit away from SFL and expanded the map? Why do you think most ‘01 team wasn’t even from SFL? It wasn’t by accident.

Last edited:
Tha
We haven’t been physical in over a decade. We’re a finesse program from the top down to the coaches and players. Miami has always been either the most physical team in cfb or one of the most physical. We haven't had an identity in forever ,unless you count being soft.
why cristobal would be great because he preaches physicality being a former OL. I think Mark stoops too I don’t know his specialty but he looks tough and no BS weak boi ****

Advertisement
It’s maddening. The OL gets manhandled by literally any team with a pulse. The DL with the exception of the Gerald Willis year seems to always seems to get pushed around.

It’s absolutely the kids we’re recruiting. You can’t teach physicality. You either want to take somebody’s head off or you don’t. Look around SFL. Find me a school that plays sound, fundamental, hard nosed ball. You can’t. It non existent down here…unless you play for Deerfield shout out to @Coach Macho even though you’ll come in here and argue with me. That’s why we see teams like Treasure Coast kick the teeth in of AH. Half these coaches down here a pair of Pom poms instead of clipboards and headsets.

Why do you think Butch and Jimmy started to recruit away from SFL and expanded the map? Why do you think most ‘01 team wasn’t even from SFL? It wasn’t by accident.
Disagree.

Ive seen too many kids go from not being physical and passive to killers. At a much lower level I did back in the day. I actually got coaching and went from timid and inexperienced to one of the biggest hitters on the team. From second guessing **** to playing violent.

People continue to sleep on coaching and how much taking on the coaches personality matters. Manny Is a soft , beta that’s passive aggressive. Watch us play on Saturday’s and that’s exactly what you see.

Disagree.

Ive seen too many kids go from not being physical and passive to killers. At a much lower level I did back in the day. I actually got coaching and went from timid and inexperienced to one of the biggest hitters on the team. From second guessing **** to playing violent.

People continue to sleep on coaching and how much taking on the coaches personality matters. Manny Is a soft , beta that’s passive aggressive. Watch us play on Saturday’s and that’s exactly what you see.
Can a kid thats more on the timid side still be changed to more violent by the time they get to college?

Advertisement
Disagree.

That’s your era. I’m talking about this era in which I played in. These kids are ******* soft and they’re taught to be soft. I know it because I’ve been at these camps and in these locker rooms. Yea, you’re gonna get a kid that’s gonna change just like you because they’re willing to listen and be coached. That’s the difference.

Can a kid thats more on the timid side still be changed to more violent by the time they get to college?
No.

Tbh I don’t think you get to this level being timid ( for the most part).

Having physical practices with tackling is how you become a physical team. I’m not saying have 100% live contact daily but you can’t be a good tackling team only having thud. If you don’t practice a tackle and taking a guy down you’ll be a bad tackling team. The areas we struggle in coincide with how we practice.

Our practices are more based on speed and going fast. Back in the day it was based on physicality and whipping a guy in front of you. Football will always be about beating another man in front of you. The best teams practice that , it’s part of their dna.

To answer your question i 100% believe you can make a kid change his mind set, if I drop you in an Oregon , Alabama, Osu, Clemson or Uga practice you’ll eventually take on that personality and dna. Or you’ll be gone.

That’s your era. I’m talking about this era in which I played in. These kids are ******* soft and they’re taught to be soft. I know it because I’ve been at these camps and in these locker rooms. Yea, you’re gonna get a kid that’s gonna change just like you because they’re willing to listen and be coached. That’s the difference.
Go watch Uga, Bama, Oregon , Osu and Wisconsin. They’re physical as ****, because they preach physicality. It’s in the programs dna. These same Sfla kids go to those schools and are dogs…..why?

I get today’s football isn’t as physical but here’s definitely physical programs out there. And they all have coaches that push that on the kids.

Go watch Uga, Bama, Oregon , Osu and Wisconsin. They’re physical as ****, because they preach physicality. It’s in the programs dna. These same Sfla kids go to those schools and are dogs…..why?

I get today’s football isn’t as physical but here’s definitely physical programs out there. And they all have coaches that push that on the kids.
It not just that those programs are more physical than us (which they are). It's that teams like Appalachian State come in here and are more physical than the Canes.

Advertisement
Yeah...
All of those South Florida kids in the NFL sure were soft throughout their careers. Must be how they got to the league.

I sure would love a soft a$s Nik Bonitto or Brandon Dorlus on our defense. Or a soft a$s Jordan Battle. Matter of fact, isn't our most physical DB a Miami kid who transferred from Georgia?
I know our offense could use that soft a$s Nayquan Wright and Xavier Henderson that I just saw expose Bama's defense a couple days ago.

Come to think of it...
Isn't that Buffalo Bill offense that just face fvcked the Miami Dolphins filled with soft a$s South Florida kids?

You’re talking schools that about 8-12 kids from Florida at max though. Not even from SFL. I don’t even think OSU has a kid from SFL on their roster this year.

Just look at UGA, Wisconsin, and Bama. They recruit areas with programs that preach physicality and nearly all of them are run dependant programs. So if you’re recruiting areas that are filled with hard nosed programs then your program is going to be filled with hard nosed kids because it’s how they were raised. SFL isn’t a hard nosed football area anymore.

Advertisement
Yeah...
All of those South Florida kids in the NFL sure were soft throughout their careers. Must be how they got to the league.

I sure would love a soft a$s Nik Bonitto or Brandon Dorlus on our defense. Or a soft a$s Jordan Battle. Matter of fact, isn't our most physical DB a Miami kid who transferred from Georgia?
I know our offense could use that soft a$s Nayquan Wright and Xavier Henderson that I just saw expose Bama's defense a couple days ago.

Come to think of it...
Isn't that Buffalo Bill offense that just face fvcked the Miami Dolphins filled with soft a$s South Florida kids?
Spare me. Xavier Henderson is just as big of a ***** as his brother and Nayquan isn’t even a starter and almost quit last year.

Jordan Battle is the only kid that’s from SFL that starts for Bama and the rest are buried. I wonder why?

Your boy Dorlus is a role player and everybody wanted Nik here including myself.

Any more Mach? You want to keep bringing up the 15% or do you want to talk about the other 85% that’s filled with the Southridge boys, Dontae Lucas, Keef Bryant, and all the other **** ups?

Really enjoyed watching that Florida-Bama game. Ekiyor vs Dexter inside was a clash of the titans. Auburn-PSU was also exciting. UGA has some mammoth humans in the trenches and at LB. Jordan Davis is like a cartoon he's so big. Love watching those teams. That's what's hard to stomach so far this year is how boring we look and play. The only difference I'm noticing between Enos and Lashlee right now is pace. Lashlee's in a hurry to suck, which is probably not good at practice because he just wants to call the next play instead of making sure things are done correctly.

What’s funny about this entire thing is that y’all admit that the OOS guys play harder than the SFL guys in every game thread but then threads like these happen and all of the sudden y’all don’t believe that anymore.

"The physicalty of your defense is defined by your least physical defender. Not your most physical defender."
- Manny Diaz

Advertisement
Back