Phrases associated with football team that need to die

Advertisement
THE U...have we won since it has been used??

So true. I love people that think "The U" was even remotely used prior to like a decade ago. "UM" has all the real tangible success. "The U" pretty much should only be associated with NFL success and phony collegiate "swag".

Last edited:
For me it's the U hand sign thing. I think it looks stupid. We are the University of Miami. We do not need any stupid catch phrases or hand signs. The only thing we are supposed to do it bust people in the mouth.

Advertisement
I think 'swagger' should be removed from everyone's lexicon. It's mind-blowing how commentators speak on it like it is some measurable element that leads to success.

I recall one time we had 'swagger'. Our guys were one the field with the opposing team before the game doing stretches. They appeared loose, looked like they were having fun, no nerves or cares in the world. Just ready to play football.

It was the Peach Bowl 2005.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
"Virginia is a good team Joe"

Oh God, don't get me started with the effing Hoos and how they've made us their bytch in every damned sport we play. Just pathetic and inexcusable. This is a school full of drunks and rich kids who couldn't get into Ivy League schools and they own us TOTALLY.

Think about what that means: We are truly awful-wimpy and weak.

"this time last year he was in his senior prom"

"the year before the 2000 season we got blownout by 50 vs Syracuse in the Carrier Dome"

"those guys in that lockeroom are hurting right now this game meant something to them"

"All we can do is go back to work Joe"

"12 single game seasons"

" if we stay sulking about this loss Virginia is going to be ready "

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back