Phone call today

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like a lottery ticket, you have better odds to win the lottery than the Canes to win the ACC coastal.
I can remember when there was serious discussion about dropping footbal prior to Lou Saban. Less than 10 years later we had our first national championship. We were written off after losing scholarships in the late 90s and then surged back with a vengeance.

The smartest thing Beano Cook ever said was that he'd never bet against Miami again.

Advertisement
Cautiously optimistic. I think Blake has an opportunity here, along with Manny to buy time and look like hero’s. Ultimately, they can make changes and keep season ticket holders who planned on not renewing, by investing “that” money that would have been lost in coaching support and prudent changes. Blake saying he’s not a football guy is the tell here. What better way to protect yourself, than to place the blame if things don’t work out on the ones making the changes. This is they’re moment to prove this is a school willing to invest in winning. I believe “if” they do what everyone has been talking about on the boards, we’ll all support them. It gives Manny two more years and two more recruiting classes. If he can’t win BIG with that kind of time and money, he wasn’t ever going to win here. We have next years badly needed kicker locked up. We have 18 returning starters. We’ll have 25 in this class. We’ll have a much deeper and more physically mature roster next year. I think the only real problem is a quarterback and hopefully the portal or one of the two freshman can step in and be more capable than this years two. I’ll wait and see if the changes mirror the conjecture. I do believe it can turn around with Manny. He does things that I truly love. He’s kept this class together. That’s not something we should shot sell.

I was expecting a one word answer, but I appreciate the detail without being too specific big dog! I'm with you I think Manny has some qualities that really fit this program, he just needs to get the other things that will be important to his success in order.

Also have to consider that he's willing to say anything to keep Hightower. Funny how he doesn't mention the defensive staff thats filled with his friends.
I might negged but this defensive staff deserves another year. They coached well enough to compete especially that the offense couldn't stay on the field. They have room for improvement though.

Advertisement
Srsly though...

housecall.png
OMFG!!! Take all of my money..... now!

Advertisement
I might negged but this defensive staff deserves another year. They coached well enough to compete especially that the offense couldn't stay on the field. They have room for improvement though.
Maybe a little support from an out of work coach 🤔 we need to get those guys like other big programs do. “Advisory role” Dam even VT did it mid season and turned it around. I can think of one that loves this state... would be a perfect fit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back