Phins vs Bills

And San Francisco has the very last college draft playing winning ball.

Purdy just had his 7th start of the season and his starting RB, McCaffery, had over 100 yards rushing and is one of the best players in the nfl. Thompson was in his 3rd start, missing the starting RB, and had multiple players on the OL who were either injured and/or out. Not exactly comparing apples to apples.

Advertisement
I swear there are people who know less than nothing about football but think their opinion is completely valid.

The Phins took the spread as an insult and played better than they should have against the division leader with the 2nd best record in the AFC.
Ditto... as a Bills fan I can concur.
Let's just consider that if Waddle catches all the passes he should have caught, good chance Fins may be still in. Allen didn't have a good game and the Fins D played very good for the most of the game.
Not ragging on Thompson, but with a healthy Tua Bills lose today.

And San Francisco has the very last college draft playing winning ball.
San Francisco also has a better overall team. Their defense is better than Miami's defense and that offense had a stud running back who went over 100 yards. They also played at home against an inferior opponent whereas the Dolphins played on the road at Buffalo, against the second seed in the AFC and a Super Bowl contender/favorite. And it's not just comparing Purdy to Thompson, but Miami's depleted secondary, running backs, etc.

Despite all of these issues, Miami had a legit chance at winning. Obviously, McDaniels, a rookie first year HC, had some mistakes amd needs to fix those as well, but he is the reason why the phins were in this position in the first place.

FWIW I read somewhere thsat McDaniel was being told the Phins had the first down by his staff, which is why he didn't rush in the 4th down call and lead to the delay of game.

He has a lot to learn as a HC but he's the best we've had since Shula. Go get Brady on a 1 or 2 yr deal and watch the offense take it to another level. The only risk there is Father Time finally catching up to him. But with Tua our season and his long-term health hinges on his helmet bouncing off the turf every time he goes down.

I don't want to waste Hill and Waddle in both their prime's and we have a short window to win now. Brady doesn't have to be Brady from 10 years ago. If he's at least an above average QB we fuccin next year.

FWIW I read somewhere thsat McDaniel was being told the Phins had the first down by his staff, which is why he didn't rush in the 4th down call and lead to the delay of game.

He has a lot to learn as a HC but he's the best we've had since Shula. Go get Brady on a 1 or 2 yr deal and watch the offense take it to another level. The only risk there is Father Time finally catching up to him. But with Tua our season and his long-term health hinges on his helmet bouncing off the turf every time he goes down.

I don't want to waste Hill and Waddle in both their prime's and we have a short window to win now. Brady doesn't have to be Brady from 10 years ago. If he's at least an above average QB we fuccin next year.

Signing Tua to another contract to be the starter in 2023 would run a close second to the Fins all time stupid GM decisions (#1 is Culpepper over Brees). Tua is going to miss at least 4-5 games per year due to concussions at the very least . And that doesn't even factor in the degenerative hip condition that was known about before the draft. There is no doubt he's a good guy. So if they want to resign him at the price of a backup QB, that's fine. Get Brady for a short deal to get the most out of Hill and Waddle, and Tua can be the backup in case Brady gets injured.

Another interesting option is Aaron Rodgers. He's guaranteed an insane 60 mil by Green Bay next season, but he doesn't want to be there and they want to move to Jordan Love. They'd probably take a token late draft pick if someone picked up a good chunk of his salary. McDaniels and Rodgers would be quite a HC / QB combo.

Advertisement
Signing Tua to another contract to be the starter in 2023 would run a close second to the Fins all time stupid GM decisions (#1 is Culpepper over Brees). Tua is going to miss at least 4-5 games per year due to concussions at the very least . And that doesn't even factor in the degenerative hip condition that was known about before the draft. There is no doubt he's a good guy. So if they want to resign him at the price of a backup QB, that's fine. Get Brady for a short deal to get the most out of Hill and Waddle, and Tua can be the backup in case Brady gets injured.

Another interesting option is Aaron Rodgers. He's guaranteed an insane 60 mil by Green Bay next season, but he doesn't want to be there and they want to move to Jordan Love. They'd probably take a token late draft pick if someone picked up a good chunk of his salary. McDaniels and Rodgers would be quite a HC / QB combo.
I agree with all of this.

Except for one thing. The all-time worst Dolphins GM decision was drafting Jamar Fletcher instead of Brees.

Except that in the case of Brees, the ortho docs were of the opinion his shoulder wasn't going to heal properly or allow him to throw the ball as efficiently as they thought he could previous to the injury. It was a shocker he healed up as well as he did. Saints threw caution to the wind and struck oil.

Phins went safe and got raped. Who was the GM then? I forget.

Tua is a neurology patient with a limited lifespan. you merely pick up the next years option for year four and sit him, let someone else come in as a hired gun for a year or two, win a SB, then see how he is after the 5th yr is over. hedge your bets. then let him go if you want since by then, you at least have a low first round pick to use after the fire sale we've had with them (the picks) to get to where we are. Our core is amazing, injuries hurt, but we can work on developing better backups and fill a few holes.
I agree with all of this.

Except for one thing. The all-time worst Dolphins GM decision was drafting Jamar Fletcher instead of Brees.
and then losing him on the second go around also is horrible, but see above.
I do rank Eric Kumerow the worst 1st round pick ever.

What a terrible take. The Dolphins were one of the biggest playoff underdogs in history. In history.
What some of these dolts don't understand is the last 5 coaches would have all gotten blown out in this game and yet we were a down away from tying or winning the game. That shows McDaniel is a very good coach and will learn from his mistakes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back