Phillips > Rousseau

Completely agree. And, though Phillips deserves a lot of credit, a lot of the JP>GR talk is because of Rousseau opting out. Period. Because it was just a few games ago when it was being said about Phillips that … he couldn’t finish.

It’s kind of like how the board turned against Deejay Dallas after he defended Richt …
Compound that with the fact that the OP is just an antagonist who likes to stir up debate on things that can be speculative in a similar fashion to the guy bashing Knighton.

Advertisement
Rousseau had the same performance vs
Fsu, pitt, uva and others. They are more similar than you think, Rousseau played safety in highschool too, as did Phillips.

and let’s get this clear, I’m sky high on both of them. And while Phillips is playing like the #1 dlineman in football right now I just Find it funny how people try to discredit Rousseau like he didn’t just have an unprecedented season for dlineman in Miami history with 15.5 sacks 19.5 tackles and he didn’t even start until what game 5?
Agreed.

Who cares where they get drafted, I love watching Phillips make plays for the Miami Hurricanes.

I personally care; would love for both them boys to be drafted in the 1st. If we can’t play the bag game w the jits, then we gotta show them we can get them the duffel once they leave here. Having “From The University of Miami” called out in the 1st round sounds **** af to an impressionable young kid. Get these young men to the 1st-2nd round; have some names to drop, & that helps w recruiting. Perception is everything.

Phillips could have 15 sacks too but he’s been just barely late to the QB. He’s every bit as disruptive as GR and might even be quicker on his change of direction.

It's hard to defend Rousseau in this debate because he chosed to sit out this year. However, based on what I've seen, and factoring in their age, body and development, I'd say Rousseau has more upside as an NFL prospect. Phillips has real NFL potential. I said last year, Rousseau has truly elite NFL potential. I've seen nothing to change my mind but don't like the sitting out.

Advertisement
Phillips is the undisputed DISRUPTOR of this Canes D.

We get our asses torn open this game if it wasn't for him...

Making plays ALLL GAME...

Even Rousseau couldn't do that.

Gee who wrote this great prediction about Phillips vs. Rousseau draft stock way back in Nov 2020??

Seems like he knows what the scouts know....

But really it was simply watching a 5yr player continue to bust *** for his team...while a barely-sophmore opted out with less than 1 season of (great) play...

Pro teams want to see you prove over the longterm and show that you can bounce back from adversity....

Phillips did that and more...

Rousseau quit early.... like a lot of recent players who left too early to max their draft stock...

Watch and learn youngins.....

Gee who wrote this great prediction about Phillips vs. Rousseau draft stock way back in Nov 2020??

Seems like he knows what the scouts know....

But really it was simply watching a 5yr player continue to bust *** for his team...while a barely-sophmore opted out with less than 1 season of (great) play...

Pro teams want to see you prove over the longterm and show that you can bounce back from adversity....

Phillips did that and more...

Rousseau quit early.... like a lot of recent players who left too early to max their draft stock...

Watch and learn youngins.....
LOL that 5 year player could add all his stats up and still not have the year that sophomore had. Go look it up if you didn't know.

Advertisement
LOL that 5 year player could add all his stats up and still not have the year that sophomore had. Go look it up if you didn't know.

I’m a fan of GR15....but he’s another Cane over the past 15 yrs to jump ship too early and hurt himself.

he needed another year of competition and development. He cost himself the 1st round and tens of millions in contracts because of it.

I’m a fan of GR15....but he’s another Cane over the past 15 yrs to jump ship too early and hurt himself.

he needed another year of competition and development. He cost himself the 1st round and tens of millions in contracts because of it.
1. Do you have the lottery numbers since you can predict the future.

2. He did it for his mom so who really cares what you or anyone else thinks. In his mind he did right by his family and no money in the world would change that. This is why any teams that pass this guy up are going to kick themselves when he's explodes into the NFL.

2. He did it for his mom so who really cares what you or anyone else thinks. In his mind he did right by his family and no money in the world would change that. This is why any teams that pass this guy up are going to kick themselves when he's explodes into the NFL.

every single homie here on CIS is making all sorts of predictions.... I’m remarking on the predictions by NFL scouts that he’s sliding into 2nd round because of of his avoiding playing for a 2nd year to/

1) continue to up his game against LIVE competition
2) show the NFL he’s capable of continued growth in dominance as a DE

He’s just another in a long line of prior Canes shooting himself in the foot because his head got bigger than his stats and he thought he could sit out a year without paying a price ($millions)....

as predictable as the sun rises in the East— who was the SCUMBAG agent that he signed with and convinced him to leave early??

Same scumbag that’s hijacked the long list of exCanes who ruined their own development by leaving early so the scumbag can make himself his parasite $millions...

here he is with his superstar turned unemployable superturd WR

1619707746542.jpeg

Compound that with the fact that the OP is just an antagonist who likes to stir up debate on things that can be speculative in a similar fashion to the guy bashing Knighton.

you’re talking about 99% of the people on CIS...

what is this board about if it ain’t a place to argue different perspectives?

what? we all supposed to have English accents and politely saying “indeed my good sir, your are undoubtedly spot on with your analysis!”

Advertisement
you’re talking about 99% of the people on CIS...

what is this board about if it ain’t a place to argue different perspectives?

what? we all supposed to have English accents and politely saying “indeed my good sir, your are undoubtedly spot on with your analysis!”

tenor (1).gif

This was lip service for when he went on his media tour, anyway we can put this to bed tonight. Before season he was top 10 lock, if he falls out of that range he cost himself but he will still be a multi millionaire and you cant cry over what you never had, just hope whoever talked him into his decision also gave him a worst case scenario when they did their presentation, but we know the odds of that tho..

There is absolutely no doubt Greg R. Cost himself millions on his first contract by opting out. Now wherever he lands, he has to prove it on the NFL field to get the big 2nd contract.

I still want him in the first round! I do think he will be very productive in the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back