Phillips declares

Sucks losing him but there’s no sense in coming back. Roche isn’t lining up across from him next season. I mean Kiper has him as his #1 rated DE.

Advertisement
Sucks losing him but there’s no sense in coming back. Roche isn’t lining up across from him next season. I mean Kiper has him as his #1 rated DE.

kiper is useless, but phillips is legit. hes gonna be a second rounder at worst imo. he and greg will be nightmares

Should have come back. Flashed but was inconsistent this season and the rest of his tape is like four years old.

Play another season for first round money.

But, all the best to the guy. Hope he gets to the League and shines. We need it.
He’s #1 on Kipers board followed by Rousseau at 2. CBS had him top 5 pick last week too. It appears he put enough on tape this year. He is an absolute freak really. I look at some guys around the league especially Frank Clark for my home KC and Clark is absolute garbage and Phillips is twice the athlete. Clark is making about $25M a year.

Advertisement
Should have come back. Flashed but was inconsistent this season and the rest of his tape is like four years old.

But, all the best to the guy. Hope he gets to the League and shines. We need it.
He won’t go first round and get fist round money?

Good move and good luck

selfishly scared at what we could look like next year.

good chance we lose
King
Jordan
Phillips
Roche
Bolden
Boregales

you could argue that is our 6 best players.
Really the one that would make a huge difference is King. I would love to see Mallory get used as our number 1 TE
DE unproven but exciting
Safety we have great young talent
And one borregales leaves another comes in.

Good move and good luck

selfishly scared at what we could look like next year.

good chance we lose
King
Jordan
Phillips
Roche
Bolden
Boregales

you could argue that is our 6 best players.
Bolden has no business declaring to ba a ufa. The rest of them I can’t argue.

Advertisement
Really the one that would make a huge difference is King. I would love to see Mallory get used as our number 1 TE
DE unproven but exciting
Safety we have great young talent
And one borregales leaves another comes in.
Agreed. King is the single most important player to this time next yr IMO. Miami would look drastically diff without him

Advertisement
The one guy on the squad who legitimately had he best case to declare early. One of the best DE's in the entire conference. Mostly good tape all year.
The next two guys I would guess Brevin or Bubba have either been bit with the injury bug or who's lowlights & bad games have been so bad that they've outweighed any positive moments.
Literally anyone else who follows really has no case.

Last edited:
Advertisement

With his health history I think he made the right decision. Sure he might be able to make a lot more if he came back. But, given his past injuries, he's got be be thinking "take a few million while I can."

This is not like some guys that leave early only to go undrafted (which is a tragedy). Philips will get drafted no worse than 2nd round.

Advertisement
Back