Phillips and Hedley future

edge

Junior
In the VA game, sideline reporter talked at length about interviewing Hedley. He wants to return for another year and get his degree. Good news!

The announcers, when talking about Phillips, said he was likely NFL bound. No way they make that blanket statement without hearing it from one of the staff members, or from Phillips himself. He needs to come back.

Advertisement
Hedley wants to finish his degree and won't be able to get it done without coming back.

But tbh if his dreams are the NFL, it would be bad for him to return as his draft stock, right now, can only go down. He could get his degree if the NFL doesn't work out or when he retires.

Would love him back, but could easily see him leaving if he continues on the pace he is currently and one of his family members or friends tells him about trying the NFL now that he is hot and getting his degree afterwards.

Advertisement
Hedley wants to finish his degree and won't be able to get it done without coming back.

But tbh if his dreams are the NFL, it would be bad for him to return as his draft stock, right now, can only go down. He could get his degree if the NFL doesn't work out or when he retires.

Would love him back, but could easily see him leaving if he continues on the pace he is currently and one of his family members or friends tells him about trying the NFL now that he is hot and getting his degree afterwards.
Sometimes when you're on that 10 year plan, the degree becomes more valuable to you.

I think everyone agrees that Phillips hasn't got the sack numbers we thought. Still, he's a factor in the run/pass game.

I bet he stays. Just seems like the type.
I thought Trevon Hill sucked balls- Phillips is on pace (12 games) to have 9 TFL and 3 sacks? Even Hill had 9.5 and 4.5 in 12 games. And the schedule only gets tougher.

Advertisement
Phillips is a baller, look at his pressure rates. He may not get the sacks but he causes pressure plus he plays the run well. With that being said he needs another year and more film to get drafted the highest that he’s capable of imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
To early to ask these players if they are leaving early. Ask Hedley at the end of the season, I bet his viewpoint would have change. He can always return for his degree, don't know how long that NFL window will be open.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back