Phillip Dorsett

He's catching everything. Happy for him but makes me sick how Tom Brady's career is being extended by having playmakers all around him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
AB, White, Michel And Dorsett. Half their skill players are from SFla

Pats r a well run organization from top to bottom. Their scouting, front office, is 2nd to none. They always draft or go after FA that fit their mold, and created an atmosphere that the player is never bigger than the team.

Bill & Nick r bff’s and learned from Big Bill (Parcels). No wonder that the Pats & Bama r both evil empires. As a Bears & Canes fan, I envy how both r ran, and it shows that in order for teams to be successful, it has to start at the top. Once old lady McCaskey relinquished control to her son, and her son started hiring the right GM (although he goofed on Mitch Trubisky), The Bears became a better ran franchise including getting an upgraded facility.

I’m happy both PD & Duke latched on to teams that will best use their skill sets

And 2 of them are Bahamian in White and Dorsett. 2 great guys i know. Sony is also a good kid as well.
Is Dorsett strictly a Bahamian name? Wondering about Tony Dorsett. Growing up in Pennsylvania, doesn't seem likely to be Bahamian. Just another adopted British name.

A guy I met recently who played with Dorsett at Pitt was showing me a bunch of pictures on his phone of players (Dorsett, Marino,etc.) These were usually get-togethers and social events, that is, personal pictures not publicity stuff off the internet.

I was wondering if there could be a family connection between Phil and Tony but I doubt it growing up in two very disparate locations.

By the way, my prayers for all the Bahamians who suffered under the Hurricane.

Advertisement
Phillip has done a great job up here. He is a pro and Terrific loves him. He is where he is supposed to be and catches the ball. You do that here and that puts you in the good graces of Terrific. If you are not in Terrific's good graces, you do not last (it’s not that hard Joe Galloway).

The one that sticks out to me was facing Notre dame on soldier field. I believe it was him who broke WIDE open and dropped the pass for what would have been an easy long TD. My memory could be failing me though.

Yeah, I remember that. Terrible drop. Yet, he will be around the Pats after Gordon and Brown wear out their welcomes and Edelman retires. I heard on Sirius NFL Radio that Belichek liked Dorsett's interview at the NFL Combine, feeling that he was the type of player committed to the Pats system. Belichek was unhappy that he could not grab Dorsett in a lower round, but always liked him and wanted to acquire him if possible. Dorsett is the type of hard worker, low-key and low-maintenance player that fits the Pats system. He won't set the world on fire, but he will get some rings.

Notre Dame - PrimeTime - 1st Quarter! Hit him in the numbers... would've given us a 7-0 early.

Ended up getting crushed. I always thought he could be the next Santana Moss but never really had the hands. But even Santana was inconsistetn... ie, @ Washington.
Did your *** just say Santana was inconsistent??....Jesus Christ

Advertisement
that's the big one.

Didn’t he drop two wide open touchdowns that game?

Could have won that one and people remember.

He was BLAZING FAST and gave us some big plays.

Like another poster said, he should have been targeted more.

Did your *** just say Santana was inconsistent??....Jesus Christ

He doing the same thing to Santana people are doing to Dorsett: remembering drops in big games when they were underclassmen.

Both came on stronger with maturity, especially Santana, who was a Heisman candidate his final year.

Advertisement
He doing the same thing to Santana people are doing to Dorsett: remembering drops in big games when they were underclassmen.

Both came on stronger with maturity, especially Santana, who was a Heisman candidate his final year.
Remembering the ND drops but hard not to. Still, watching Phil now and want him to be a great pro. The drops were a long time ago. He made a nice catch the other day diving toward the sideline for a first down. Don't even remember Santana's drop. I just remember a great career both in college and the pros.

Is Dorsett strictly a Bahamian name? Wondering about Tony Dorsett. Growing up in Pennsylvania, doesn't seem likely to be Bahamian. Just another adopted British name.

A guy I met recently who played with Dorsett at Pitt was showing me a bunch of pictures on his phone of players (Dorsett, Marino,etc.) These were usually get-togethers and social events, that is, personal pictures not publicity stuff off the internet.

I was wondering if there could be a family connection between Phil and Tony but I doubt it growing up in two very disparate locations.

By the way, my prayers for all the Bahamians who suffered under the Hurricane.

Its a strong bahamian sur name. I doubt there is any relation.

Thanks. They are going to build back. Dorsett and his fam are A1 people.

Advertisement
Back