Phillip Dorsett: "We Didn't Adjust Well"

Miami had two weeks to prepare for FSU. FSU has run zone before, so they had to have footage of that coverage. Sure you game plan against their man to man, but you gotta keep all of thier options opened to play against. The moment you see them adjust to a zone, that's when you adjust to that scheme. That's coaching, man. I'm sorry, but they had 2 weeks to look at film and prepare for EVERY scenario, not just the most likely scenario. Maybe Golden needs the "ask madden" option in his play calling repertoire.

Advertisement
"I had to force it [on] fourth down," Kaaya said. "They played harder, played more aggressive than the first half. There are a few plays we left on the field. They played a whole lot more zone in the second half. I expected it. It's what teams have been doing the last several games against us."

No, Kaaya's wrong. We never expected it. What Dorsett said confirms the suspicions that the coaches suck, so Dorsett is right and Kaaya is lying to protect the coaches. Obviously.

So which one is lying? The senior or the freshman?

Neither. Kaaya is saying he expected to see zone. That doesn't mean that we adjusted well to it.

True on that part, but he didn't just say that we failed to adjust. He stated it caught us off guard. Don't know how you are caught off guard if you expect it. Seems like he may have misspoken.

Going off the fact that we scored 3 points in the second half, I'd say we failed to adjust, he didn't really need to ******* tell us that to confirm it.

Last edited:
"I had to force it [on] fourth down," Kaaya said. "They played harder, played more aggressive than the first half. There are a few plays we left on the field. They played a whole lot more zone in the second half. I expected it. It's what teams have been doing the last several games against us."

No, Kaaya's wrong. We never expected it. What Dorsett said confirms the suspicions that the coaches suck, so Dorsett is right and Kaaya is lying to protect the coaches. Obviously.

So which one is lying? The senior or the freshman?

Neither.

We adjusted our gameplan by running the ball more because they were no longer loading the box.

My problem with Coley Montana was he didn't adjust well to FSU trying to take away the middle of the field. We could've worked the flats harder because we weren't winning a lot of battles on the outside. We had a HUGE gain set up for Yearby, but Ramsey had a big deflection. Kaaya needed to put some more air under it.

I don't think we were severely outcoached. It was a 50/50 game and we lost.

Bottom line is that FSU adjusted at the half and we did not anticipate or counter their adjustments.

How many times do we have to hear that "they hadn't shown that before" before it becomes obvious that this is a coaching failure?

Going off the fact that we scored 3 points in the second half, I'd say we failed to adjust, he didn't really need to ****ing tell us that to confirm it.

We've been outscored what, 153-50 in the second half of our losses this year?

Advertisement
Courtesy of GhostofVenice01:

Senior WR Phillip Dorsett offered his opinions on what limited the offense in the second half against Florida State when they were held to three points. “They came out in the second half in a zone coverage and we just didn’t adjust well,” Dorsett said. “We game-planned a lot for man coverage because they don’t play a lot of zone—they hadn’t played a lot of zone at all. They had been getting beat in man coverage the whole year and still haven’t changed up anything. They changed up against us and it kind of caught us off-guard. We just didn’t really adjust well and that’s something we’ve got to fix in the future.”

This is exactly why Golden will never win a big game here. He's two steps behind everybody else. We left some plays on the field in the second half, but that's what happens in college football. But our failure to adjust didn't give our kids enough chances to make those plays that they missed again.

giphy.gif

Can we sign Kaaya up as OC after his NFL career now?

They practically shut us out the entire 2nd half... Most of our yards came in the first... We didn't adjust well... They took their slow DE off of Walford and went to a zone to protect their garbage corners...

Advertisement
Once before I heard someone from the team say, "they did something different, something we hadn't seen before."

You gotta be pulling my pud!

What kind of coaches prepare for man, but don't consider zone?

What kind of coaches can't ADJUST during the game to the opponent's adjustments?

We've seen this inability to make adjustments since Golden's first game at Maryland! And some of us were bichingg about it back THEN, and every game since!

This guy doesn't GET IT!

they adjusted well with wide open screens that were batted down, and we didnt run the ball well enough vs a 7 man front

Advertisement
So if teams have been playing zone against us before FSU, and then FSU plays more zone in the second half shouldn't we have been able to adjust to it since you know we've seen it many times before?

The thing that makes me sick about this staff. I want Golden gone.....but we should have won that game....with that crappy second half game plan, Berrios drop, kicker missing 4 points, two fumbles on big gains, the fluke TD by Karlos Williams, it adds up. And they can rightly say yes we would have won had a few of those gone our way. But at the same time FSU turned the ball over, in their end and when they were in scoring range, its football. But after the first half, i was like we are going to put 50 on FSU. 3 points in the second half. Golden's philosophy gives us little margin for error, that is not a good way to play football. When you have teams down you go for the throat, so even when they get bounces it makes no difference in the outcome. Kaaya could have thrown for 500 yards. Up until the last play it was not like he was making bad decisions and throwing into double and triple coverage. He wasn't. And the conservative defensive play calling is getting a pass...they shouldn't. Its the same prevent defense that caused those runs to be busted like we have been seeing a month back. When the pressure is on, people usually revert to their true self. We could have run FSU out the building if we came out the second half to put 50 points on the board.

Advertisement
Going off the fact that we scored 3 points in the second half, I'd say we failed to adjust, he didn't really need to ****ing tell us that to confirm it.

We've been outscored what, 153-50 in the second half of our losses this year?
That stat alone tells you all you need to know about what happened in the second half of the FSU game and every game we've lost.

Is this another circle jerk over what he said, she said... Bottomline is that they f upped on too many freakin plays and FSU stuck it to them in the ****... They better get their chit together for Saturday and beat the crap out of those boys!!!

How in the ***** does any adjustment by a team that is getting smashed come as a surprise?

Isn't this Logical: Get smoked in Man change to Zone. Logical, right?

Folden's Wife: Let's try something different. Put it in from behind....you know doggy style?

Folden: No Beeeyatch. We always do Missionary. No Phucking Adjustments.

How in the ***** does any adjustment by a team that is getting smashed come as a surprise?

Isn't this Logical: Get smoked in Man change to Zone. Logical, right?

Folden's Wife: Let's try something different. Put it in from behind....you know doggy style?

Folden: No Beeeyatch. We always do Missionary. No Phucking Adjustments.

6 mins 42 seconds every other Tuesday in months that end with H.

Advertisement
Back