Phillip Dorsett: "We Didn't Adjust Well"

weownfsu

Move to FCS
Courtesy of GhostofVenice01:

Senior WR Phillip Dorsett offered his opinions on what limited the offense in the second half against Florida State when they were held to three points. “They came out in the second half in a zone coverage and we just didn’t adjust well,” Dorsett said. “We game-planned a lot for man coverage because they don’t play a lot of zone—they hadn’t played a lot of zone at all. They had been getting beat in man coverage the whole year and still haven’t changed up anything. They changed up against us and it kind of caught us off-guard. We just didn’t really adjust well and that’s something we’ve got to fix in the future.”

This is exactly why Golden will never win a big game here. He's two steps behind everybody else. We left some plays on the field in the second half, but that's what happens in college football. But our failure to adjust didn't give our kids enough chances to make those plays that they missed again.

Advertisement

Senior WR Phillip Dorsett offered his opinions on what limited the offense in the second half against Florida State when they were held to three points. “They came out in the second half in a zone coverage and we just didn’t adjust well,” Dorsett said. “We game-planned a lot for man coverage because they don’t play a lot of zone—they hadn’t played a lot of zone at all. They had been getting beat in man coverage the whole year and still haven’t changed up anything. They changed up against us and it kind of caught us off-guard. We just didn’t really adjust well and that’s something we’ve got to fix in the future.”

This is exactly why Golden will never win a big game here. He's two steps behind everybody else. We left some plays on the field in the second half, but that's what happens in college football. But our failure to adjust didn't give our kids enough chances to make those plays that they missed again.

This is the difference between chess and checkers. I don't know how else to put it.

Game planning has to include adjustments based on the opponents adjustments if you are abusing them (which we were). How is it possible for our staff not to foresee the adjustments that FSU would be forced to make in the 2nd half?

This is the difference between chess and checkers. I don't know how else to put it.

Game planning has to include adjustments based on the opponents adjustments if you are abusing them (which we were). How is it possible for our staff not to foresee the adjustments that FSU would be forced to make in the 2nd half?

Key phrase is underlined, bold. If they'd been getting beaten all year and, despite all the close class they;d had, they STILL hadn't run zone, why would we game plan for them changing it up against us?

Key phrase is underlined, bold. If they'd been getting beaten all year and, despite all the close class they;d had, they STILL hadn't run zone, why would we game plan for them changing it up against us?

Stop making excuses for them. They got out-coached, plain and simple. Part of their job is NOT to get out-coached, and they did. Somebody pulls out something unexpected on you? Well, that's why you get paid a lot of money. To make sure that doesn't happen.

Advertisement

Because a smart Miami coach knows there is only one team on FSU's schedule that they need to be afraid of. I'm not surprised at all that Jimbo held back his zone all year waiting for us.

Because a smart Miami coach knows there is only one team on FSU's schedule that they need to be afraid of. I'm not surprised at all that Jimbo held back his zone all year waiting for us.

LOL. Right. Because they weren't on the ropes against Clemson, or ND, or 2 other teams this year.

"I had to force it [on] fourth down," Kaaya said. "They played harder, played more aggressive than the first half. There are a few plays we left on the field. They played a whole lot more zone in the second half. I expected it. It's what teams have been doing the last several games against us."

you're joking.....right?

Advertisement
It's the coaching staff's job to make sure that they are prepared for any contingency and to have an answer for what the other team does. They failed in that regard.

LOL. Right. Because they weren't on the ropes against Clemson, or ND, or 2 other teams this year.

Didn't say they weren't on the ropes but they were never really scared obviously. If they were they would have changed things up.

They were clearly scared of us. Hence the adjustment.

Gorlden did adjust the belt line on his khakis though so we have hope!

"I had to force it [on] fourth down," Kaaya said. "They played harder, played more aggressive than the first half. There are a few plays we left on the field. They played a whole lot more zone in the second half. I expected it. It's what teams have been doing the last several games against us."

Christ. Even worse.

No, Kaaya's wrong. We never expected it. What Dorsett said confirms the suspicions that the coaches suck, so Dorsett is right and Kaaya is lying to protect the coaches. Obviously.

Advertisement

Didn't say they weren't on the ropes but they were never really scared obviously. If they were they would have changed things up.

They were clearly scared of us. Hence the adjustment.

Gorlden did adjust the belt line on his khakis though so we have hope!

It doesn't even matter, man. It's the coaching staff's job to make sure that things like this don't happen. It happened, and it's not an anomaly. It's par for the course with Golden--in all of our losses, we get crushed in the second half.

No, Kaaya's wrong. We never expected it. What Dorsett said confirms the suspicions that the coaches suck, so Dorsett is right and Kaaya is lying to protect the coaches. Obviously.

Kaaya saying he expected to see zone in the second half doesn't mean we adjusted our gameplan to fit what we were seeing, numb nuts.

So which one is lying? The senior or the freshman?

Advertisement

Neither. Kaaya is saying he expected to see zone. That doesn't mean that we adjusted well to it.

I think this staff has these kids so fvcked up that they both are lying without even knowing it.

when he said "we" he probably meant "the team"

but when the mopers heard it, they heard "the coaches"

hearing the narrative to fit the agenda.

Neither. Kaaya is saying he expected to see zone. That doesn't mean that we adjusted well to it.

True on that part, but he didn't just say that we failed to adjust. He stated it caught us off guard. Don't know how you are caught off guard if you expect it. Seems like he may have misspoken.

Advertisement
Back