Phillip Dorsett: "We Didn't Adjust Well"

"I had to force it [on] fourth down," Kaaya said. "They played harder, played more aggressive than the first half. There are a few plays we left on the field. They played a whole lot more zone in the second half. I expected it. It's what teams have been doing the last several games against us."
So if teams have been playing zone against us before FSU, and then FSU plays more zone in the second half shouldn't we have been able to adjust to it since you know we've seen it many times before?

This is why I'm not blaming the coaches for the loss. I'm not blaming anyone.

It's not like Coley Montana is baffled by zone coverage. We moved the ball in the second half, just vomited all over ourselves a couple times.

I think he's a mediocre OC and could've done a better job, but it wasn't gross negligence in the second half, IMO.

Advertisement
Courtesy of GhostofVenice01:

Senior WR Phillip Dorsett offered his opinions on what limited the offense in the second half against Florida State when they were held to three points. “They came out in the second half in a zone coverage and we just didn’t adjust well,” Dorsett said. “We game-planned a lot for man coverage because they don’t play a lot of zone—they hadn’t played a lot of zone at all. They had been getting beat in man coverage the whole year and still haven’t changed up anything. They changed up against us and it kind of caught us off-guard. We just didn’t really adjust well and that’s something we’ve got to fix in the future.”

This is exactly why Golden will never win a big game here. He's two steps behind everybody else. We left some plays on the field in the second half, but that's what happens in college football. But our failure to adjust didn't give our kids enough chances to make those plays that they missed again.

To the people who pay attention the little things involved in a col. Game this is nothing new. Miami not making mid stream adjustments in a timely manner is nothing new under this group.

I
Courtesy of GhostofVenice01:

Senior WR Phillip Dorsett offered his opinions on what limited the offense in the second half against Florida State when they were held to three points. “They came out in the second half in a zone coverage and we just didn’t adjust well,” Dorsett said. “We game-planned a lot for man coverage because they don’t play a lot of zone—they hadn’t played a lot of zone at all. They had been getting beat in man coverage the whole year and still haven’t changed up anything. They changed up against us and it kind of caught us off-guard. We just didn’t really adjust well and that’s something we’ve got to fix in the future.”

This is exactly why Golden will never win a big game here. He's two steps behind everybody else. We left some plays on the field in the second half, but that's what happens in college football. But our failure to adjust didn't give our kids enough chances to make those plays that they missed again.

This is indeed the glaring coaching weakness. Love the way Golden prepares the team. If the games ended half way through the 2nd quarter, we'd be undefeated.

But they don't end there.

Advertisement
Back