Phillip Dorsett, That boy good!

Advertisement
Only thing he has in common with Steve Smith is stature and speed.

So he has the frame and speed of Steve Smith but nothing in common? Miami should change their offensive scheme because South FL talent isn't used to running such a complex offense.

Advertisement

So he has the frame and speed of Steve Smith but nothing in common? Miami should change their offensive scheme because South FL talent isn't used to running such a complex offense.

He's nothing like Steve Smith. They're roughly the same height and they're both quick, that's it.

Dorsett is closer to someone like DeSean Jackson. Slight, quick, good going deep.

Smith is an all purpose monster. He's thicker than you think too - he's like a running back when he catches the ball. Absolutely devastating in the open field (at least he was in his prime) AND he has mad hops.

I don't recall Dorsett going up and high pointing the ball too often last year.

Nowhere NEAR Steve Smith at the point of the catch. Steve Smith is almost as trustworthy a Fitz on the jump ball. Dorsett doesn't have strong hands and the natural aggression of Santana, let alone Steve.

Titus Young, Ryan Broyles, and Kenny Stills are probably better comparisons for Dorsett

Advertisement
Dorset is nothing like Steve smith. Smith was a force in the return game, especially earlier in his career. Also, smith has far greater potential for YAC, whether it be from stiff arms or later moves. Steve smith never goes down easily

They now have similar body types. Nobody realizes how slight Dorsett was in 2011 and even last year he wasn't nothing like he is right now. BTW, Smith was a smurf before he transferred to the University of Utah from JUCO. I do expect a big year out of Dorsett.

Dead to me after the ND game. Has a big chance for redemption in two weeks.

Advertisement
I am getting annoyed by how many fans like to compare some of our players to All Pro NFL Players. You guys have been doing it for years, and the player rarely turns out to be who he was compared to. Just stop it. Yes, maybe Dorsett will end up being a very good player in the NFL one day, but to say that he reminds you of Steve Smith is ridiculous. How many players in the history of football have been like Steve Smith? He is arguably one of the best small guys ever at fighting for the ball. First lets see Phillip have a full consistent season before start comparing him to All Pro NFL players.

Advertisement
I like Dorsett's game. And I agree with many posters that this year he should be physically built better for the college game. But outside of measurables AT THIS CURRENT Progression in Dorsett's GAME he and Steve Smith have nothing in common. Steve Smith is known for his physicality, jumping ability, ball location and body control. I do not see those as strong aspects of Dorsett's game presently.

Dorsett is slightly faster than Smith which makes him a lot faster than the guys chasing him and if Dorsett can run his best 40 time at the combine next year. I fully expect him to challenge for the fastest time recorded. Now this isn't a knock on Dorsett when you add his speed and Morris' arm strength you get the silly bombs that you saw last year. I can't wait to see teams like the Gators who think they have speed line up against Dorsett and get roasted over the top.

This dude tries sooo hard. Smh

(talking about PickDix)

When I posted this thread I knew you wouldn't agree just because. Again, Phillip has nothing in common with Smith except for frame, speed and stretching the field? SMH

You're half a ******. Please let me know when speed and frame are the only traits of a WR.

Then tell me how this...

...means that Dorsett has NOTHING in common with Steve Smith. SMH

This dude tries sooo hard. Smh

(talking about PickDix)

When I posted this thread I knew you wouldn't agree just because. Again, Phillip has nothing in common with Smith except for frame, speed and stretching the field? SMH

You're half a ******. Please let me know when speed and frame are the only traits of a WR.

Then tell me how this...

...means that Dorsett has NOTHING in common with Steve Smith. SMH

Once again I don't agree with you. Real mature with the name calling corch. Don't you have a toilet to clean before praxtice?

Advertisement
Back