Phillip Dorsett joins Miami indoor track team

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
CORAL GABLES — He's one of the fastest football players around, but will Miami receiver Phillip Dorsett's speed translate to the track?
He'll find out this weekend in Kentucky as the St. Thomas Aquinas product joins the Miami indoor track and field team.
He's scheduled to compete in the 60m dash and as part of the 4x400 relay team.

The Hurricanes will be competing in the Kentucky Invitational on Friday and Saturday at the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
Dorsett led all Miami receivers in his sophomore season with 842 yards and 58 catches.
His explosive speed was obvious on his 21 plays that covered 25-plus yards.
Career-highs came in consecutive games with 184 yards at Georgia Tec.
He followed that a 191-yard afternoon including the game-winning 62-yarder against NC State with 19 seconds left.

Dorsett has not run track competitively since his days at St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale.
-source

Advertisement
That's awesome.

I know he **** all over himself @ ND, but 800+ as a sophomore is a nice campaign. He needs to step up as the #1.

I think he'll be more explosive after competing in track. Would love.to see him house a kick return and take a short pass 70 yards for a score.

Advertisement
I think he'll be more explosive after competing in track. Would love.to see him house a kick return and take a short pass 70 yards for a score.

He did the former against nc state

Just got hosed by the refs...what a terrible call that was

86.gif

Advertisement
I might get murked for this, but Phillip Dorsett thus far reminds me of Santana Moss. Kid is going to be special.

we need to stop comparing every current player to former ones....let them be their own player

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back