Phillip Dorsett Cracks McShay's Top 32

Advertisement
Mike mayock said he thinks dorsett might end up in the 1st round.

I listen to mayock cuz that guy knows his ****. Said he thinks perryman is a 1st round mlb too.

If **** pans out right we have possibly 3,THREE, 1st round picks (flowers, dorsett, perryman). 2 2nd round picks (duke, walford) and maybe 3 more drafted in (gunter, chick, feliciano).

How the **** did this team go 6-7.

We just caught a couple bad breaks with having to play night games. Don't forget that one game that was windy too.

Don't forget the dentist cost us at least 3 games as well.

I figured it was all of those darn Raising Canes videos that 3penny films was producing. Those will do it every time.

It's great seeing these players get their much deserved praise from these NFL scouts. I hope they all go into the league and ball out from day one, further showing the incompetence and ineptitude of that sorry f**k Golden.

On the note of his recruiting ranking. Dorsett originally was a 4 star but rivals decided to bump him down for whatever reason that was. He was phenomenal at STA too. Proud of him, now go get that money!

Advertisement

I listen to mayock cuz that guy knows his ****. Said he thinks perryman is a 1st round mlb too.

If **** pans out right we have possibly 3,THREE, 1st round picks (flowers, dorsett, perryman). 2 2nd round picks (duke, walford) and maybe 3 more drafted in (gunter, chick, feliciano).

We just caught a couple bad breaks with having to play night games. Don't forget that one game that was windy too.

Don't forget the dentist cost us at least 3 games as well.

Dont forget the gas caused by the x large pizza alf ate

On the note of his recruiting ranking. Dorsett originally was a 4 star but rivals decided to bump him down for whatever reason that was. He was phenomenal at STA too. Proud of him, now go get that money!

was not aware of this but thanks for sharing. Can't imagine why he'd dropped as some of his tape was electrifying

36 RECEPTIONS !!!

Less than 3 touches a game for a 1st round talent at WR... Corching at its finest.

Advertisement
36 RECEPTIONS !!!

Less than 3 touches a game for a 1st round talent at WR... Corching at its finest.

Well he did have a NFL back and NFL tight end he was sharing the ball who got the football ALOT... Along with 6-7 other receivers who all had over 20 catches

Well he did have a NFL back and NFL tight end he was sharing the ball who got the football ALOT... Along with 6-7 other receivers who all had over 20 catches

FSU's 2 starting backs (NFL) had just as many carries as Duke/Yearby combined. Their NFL TE had more catches than Walford and their NFL wide receiver had NINETY-NINE catches this year.. but please, don't let me keep you from deflecting. If you don't have a go-to receiver when the chains need to be moved, you won't move them. (see our 3rd down conversion rate)

Advertisement

FSU's 2 starting backs (NFL) had just as many carries as Duke/Yearby combined. Their NFL TE had more catches than Walford and their NFL wide receiver had NINETY-NINE catches this year.. but please, don't let me keep you from deflecting. If you don't have a go-to receiver when the chains need to be moved, you won't move them. (see our 3rd down conversion rate)

Much easier to do when your defense isn't on the field all game "bending" instead of stopping opposing offenses.

Including the constant rotation of receivers on the field. As I have always said that needs to be shortened so the starting receivers can get more touches and opportunities

I know his impressive senior bowl week has been posted about numerous times recently, but I think Dorsett's rise during the pre-draft process has been awesome and couldn't have happened to a better, more humble guy. Obviously McShay's big board doesn't guarantee anything, but it's a testament to Dorsett's work ethic that he's made it all the way to #32 overall and a borderline 1st or 2nd round pick. Worth noting, PD came to UM as a three star across the board on all recruiting sites. No site rated him higher than the 38th receiver in his class, and most had him somewhere in the 40's. No matter where he ends up going in the draft, I'll be glad to see him prove those "expert" recruiting sites wrong. Congrats to Phillip. Can't wait to see him shine in the NFL.
What makes that worth noting?

Advertisement
He's got TY, John Brown, Antonio Brown and a handful of others to thank. Most of all, he should be extremely proud of himself. He made himself into more than a one-dimensional player and really combined that with perfect timing in the league's rules and offensive styles.

Extremely happy for this dude.

Al will come out and take all the credit for developing players, like his first round pick at, you know it, Temple. Duke, PD, Flowers, and DP are the type of kids who you can't mess up. They are driven internally. I will puke if I hear Al get credit. Walford needs to kick back a little to Kaaya. Brad made him money this year. First time we had a QB who can throw over the middle to TEs in years.

Some of y'all kill me, man. LOL it's too much.

You let your hatred of the man blind you, you should really stop doing that. Criticize golden for the things he deserves to be criticized for, and give him credit for the things he deserves credit for. That will make you more credible.

One thing you can't take away from Al Golden is that he is a great evaluator/developer of talent. Look at Dorsett, for example. He was a CONCENCUS 3 STAR recruit... meaning out of high school pretty much everyone thought he was "meh."

His first couple years at Miami, he was inconsistent, didn't have good hands, and was pretty much a one-trick pony.

Through his own efforts, and with the help of the coaches at Miami, he has overcome all that and become a more complete receiver. That's awesome for him, very happy to hear that. Same way I'm happy to see how Clive Walford developed, or Ladarius Gunter.

But for you to sit here and not give the coaches any credit is just you being a hater. Hate on Al Golden all you want for being ****** with schemes and a terrible gameday coach. Hate on him for not making halftime adjustments, and for being out-smarted on the field pretty much every Saturday.

Don't hate on him for the way he develops players, it just makes you sound pitiful.

Greene had 99 catches for 1365 yards in 14 games, Dorsett had 36 catches for 876 yards in 13 games. Dorsett has 10 TDs to Greene’s 7.

FSU's 2 starting backs (NFL) had just as many carries as Duke/Yearby combined.

Yes, but they both played 3 RBs.
Cook: 170 for 1008
Williams: 150 for 689
Pender: 41 for 206

Duke: 242 for 1652
Yearby: 86 for 509
Gus: 61 for 349

Looking at the top 3 RBs stats, FSU had a total of 1,903 yards on 361 carries. Miami had 2,510 yards on 389 carries. Miami had 28 more carries than FSU while playing 1 less game. Take away the ACCCG where Cook had 31 rushes and Miami had 59 more carries than FSU in 13 games.

Their NFL TE had more catches than Walford
Yes, but only because he played 2 more games.
O’Leary: 48 catches for 618 yards (14 games)
Walford: 44 for 676 yards (12 games)

The real reason is FSU had 330 completions to Miami’s 227 and one extra game. They had 125 more attempts and 113 more completions on the season.

Greene got 30% of the completion for FSU and Dorsett only got about 16% for Miami. About 34 of the 113 went to Greene. Take that away and he would have ended up with 65 catches for 900 yards with 5 TDs. I would take Dorsett's 36 for 876 with 10 TDs over his stats. If Miami had 113 more completions then Dorsett would have gotten 18 more catches and 434 more yards along with 6-7 more TDs.

Last edited:

Al will come out and take all the credit for developing players, like his first round pick at, you know it, Temple. Duke, PD, Flowers, and DP are the type of kids who you can't mess up. They are driven internally. I will puke if I hear Al get credit. Walford needs to kick back a little to Kaaya. Brad made him money this year. First time we had a QB who can throw over the middle to TEs in years.

Some of y'all kill me, man. LOL it's too much.

You let your hatred of the man blind you, you should really stop doing that. Criticize golden for the things he deserves to be criticized for, and give him credit for the things he deserves credit for. That will make you more credible.

One thing you can't take away from Al Golden is that he is a great evaluator/developer of talent. Look at Dorsett, for example. He was a CONCENCUS 3 STAR recruit... meaning out of high school pretty much everyone thought he was "meh."

His first couple years at Miami, he was inconsistent, didn't have good hands, and was pretty much a one-trick pony.

Through his own efforts, and with the help of the coaches at Miami, he has overcome all that and become a more complete receiver. That's awesome for him, very happy to hear that. Same way I'm happy to see how Clive Walford developed, or Ladarius Gunter.

But for you to sit here and not give the coaches any credit is just you being a hater. Hate on Al Golden all you want for being ****ty with schemes and a terrible gameday coach. Hate on him for not making halftime adjustments, and for being out-smarted on the field pretty much every Saturday.

Don't hate on him for the way he develops players, it just makes you sound pitiful.

Al didn't evaluate or find PD. He committed to the previous staff. And besides the ND game his sophomore year PD racked up a lot of stats. I'm sorry I can't give Al credit for finding or evaluating anyone. Gunter was a decent corner nothing more. A big decent corner. Al didn't find Walford, PD, Feliciano, McDermott, Duke and Chick. They all committed to the previous staff and were productive upon their initial start. How can you say someone is developing a player when they do not recognize their strength? You can't say he's bad at X's and O's but he develops talent. No he doesn't. We went 6-7 and those players made little impact in the losses or collapse towards the end of the games. Players did improve but that's not developing.

Advertisement
Back