Phillip Dorsett Cracks McShay's Top 32

Miamicane

Sophomore
I know his impressive senior bowl week has been posted about numerous times recently, but I think Dorsett's rise during the pre-draft process has been awesome and couldn't have happened to a better, more humble guy. Obviously McShay's big board doesn't guarantee anything, but it's a testament to Dorsett's work ethic that he's made it all the way to #32 overall and a borderline 1st or 2nd round pick. Worth noting, PD came to UM as a three star across the board on all recruiting sites. No site rated him higher than the 38th receiver in his class, and most had him somewhere in the 40's. No matter where he ends up going in the draft, I'll be glad to see him prove those "expert" recruiting sites wrong. Congrats to Phillip. Can't wait to see him shine in the NFL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wish nothing but the best for Dorsett and if he has a great combine and runs in the 4.2's like he can no way in **** he makes it past the first 10 picks in the 2nd round.

Phillip is a grade A gentleman. He deserves this. I think his after practice work with Carter has his stock soaring.

*sarcasm on the Carter part*

Advertisement
D$ called it. Happy for Phillip hope he kills it in the NFL

I've been a big Dorsett fan since day 1 and hated listening to some of the idiots on here bash him. I still recall people last season saying he didn't even deserve to be in our top 3 receivers behind Hurns, Coley, and Waters. None of them would own it now.

I love Dorsett, but I'd be shocked if he gets drafted in the first round. There's too much working against him. But mid 2nd seems very realistic.

As good as he was for us I feel like he wasn't used properly. Part of it was on Morris in his early years, but with this kids speed he should of done better here. The kid only ran deep routes here. A guy like him should have at least 10 targets a game. He's bound to break a few...

Advertisement
I love Dorsett, but I'd be shocked if he gets drafted in the first round. There's too much working against him. But mid 2nd seems very realistic.

I don't see him going in the first. Late 2nd-early 3rd. There are a lot of good wideouts out there with decent speed and size. For instance, Rashad Greene can't beat PD in a foot race but he is a good 4.4 and 6 feet tall. And he may be a 2nd-3rd rounder. However, who ever drafts him is getting a good player.

Advertisement
Mike mayock said he thinks dorsett might end up in the 1st round.

I listen to mayock cuz that guy knows his ****. Said he thinks perryman is a 1st round mlb too.

If **** pans out right we have possibly 3,THREE, 1st round picks (flowers, dorsett, perryman). 2 2nd round picks (duke, walford) and maybe 3 more drafted in (gunter, chick, feliciano).

How the **** did this team go 6-7.

I listen to mayock cuz that guy knows his ****. Said he thinks perryman is a 1st round mlb too.

If **** pans out right we have possibly 3,THREE, 1st round picks (flowers, dorsett, perryman). 2 2nd round picks (duke, walford) and maybe 3 more drafted in (gunter, chick, feliciano).

We just caught a couple bad breaks with having to play night games. Don't forget that one game that was windy too.

Don't forget the dentist cost us at least 3 games as well.

Advertisement
As good as he was for us I feel like he wasn't used properly. Part of it was on Morris in his early years, but with this kids speed he should of done better here. The kid only ran deep routes here. A guy like him should have at least 10 targets a game. He's bound to break a few...

The problem with the deep route thing is that Coley only used him on deep routes. I dislike Coley's play calling because he loves streaks a little too much.

He's already in the process of ruining Stacy Coley with only screens.

Last edited:

Al will come out and take all the credit for developing players, like his first round pick at, you know it, Temple. Duke, PD, Flowers, and DP are the type of kids who you can't mess up. They are driven internally. I will puke if I hear Al get credit. Walford needs to kick back a little to Kaaya. Brad made him money this year. First time we had a QB who can throw over the middle to TEs in years.

Advertisement
Back