Philip Wilder Here comes the late offers

Advertisement
Now this is puzzling. What’s the purpose of this. I just applauded them then I see this. Idk man.
If the rumor that Greene’s commitment to Nebraska set Romello off is true, then I can see Barry getting plan b and c guys lined up if he has a “silent” on deck that won’t pick us. He may be planning for February considering this avalanche of failure by the defensive staff.

I agree. However, I’ll give his HS coaches a break though. He looks like he just started playing organize ball. I won’t say he’s poorly coached just inexperienced but I see a ton of potential. This is a good find.
He's garbage.

Advertisement
So the kid posted a fake offer on twitter?

Here's what Irvin said

Jonesboro (Ga.) Mount Zion tackle Phillip Wilder is another lineman that claims he has talked with Barry. He reported on Sunday that he received an offer from Miami, but InsideTheU and 247Sports is under the impression that the offer isn't legit after checking in with some Coral Gables-based sources.

Sounds
Here's what Irvin said

Jonesboro (Ga.) Mount Zion tackle Phillip Wilder is another lineman that claims he has talked with Barry. He reported on Sunday that he received an offer from Miami, but InsideTheU and 247Sports is under the impression that the offer isn't legit after checking in with some Coral Gables-based sources.
Sounds like a match made in heaven as there is nothing legit about Miami football anymoar either...

Advertisement
ive never seen a lazier recruiter than Butch Barry. this kid is just faking the offer, but in general, OL recruiting has been pretty nonexistent.

Offensive Line recruiting has been one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen at this University. Legit negligence from Richt through Diaz. Horrendous. Its never been this bad.

2016 - we had a very young OL. The 2015 class (Golden's last full class) had 6 OL in it, most of them stunk and we saw a lot of attrition from this group - 4 out of 6 never finished here. Richt follows it up with a class that takes ONE 3* player, Tre Johnson, who was a bum.

2017 - we start to see attrition from 2015 already and with a light 2016 class, Richt loads up with five lineman...except, 3 out of 5 are unplayable trash and the two starters are as JAGish as can be on their best days (Donaldson and Gaynor).

2018 - full on attrition from 2015 and 2016...Miami has a light class with 3 players. Only Scaife is usable, the other two, unusable (Reed/Campbell).

2019 - a class full of jobbers where two were forced in as STARTERS because of SEE ABOVE.

2020 - Rivers looks playable, Washington is a jobber until I see otherwise.

Currently, Miami has 13 scholarship offensive linemen. 8 of which are legitimately unplayable at this point. We have two lineman coming in.

Are you ******* kidding me?

And the solution to this problem is signing more jobbers and lotto tickets?

Brothers, we ******* stink.

Advertisement
I understand your frustration but what else can we do? I mean no school gets a class of automatic major contributor as. Literally every school has to give their players time to develop. I mean even if he was a 4 or 5 star recruit it doesn’t mean instant impact recruit, especially on the Oline. Should we just rely on the portal for guys who were either kicked out, riding the bench or injury ridden. Even then you have to wait whether it’s maturity (GWillis), injuries (Bolden), or them sitting out (Phillips). I don’t have issues with late offers. It’s recruiting. A ton of guys blow up during their senior years.

What can we do? Recruit better. There’s literally no excuse why the University of Miami is now recruiting like we are. There’s no cohesion at all.

Offensive Line recruiting has been one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen at this University. Legit negligence from Richt through Diaz. Horrendous. Its never been this bad.

2016 - we had a very young OL. The 2015 class (Golden's last full class) had 6 OL in it, most of them stunk and we saw a lot of attrition from this group - 4 out of 6 never finished here. Richt follows it up with a class that takes ONE 3* player, Tre Johnson, who was a bum.

2017 - we start to see attrition from 2015 already and with a light 2016 class, Richt loads up with five lineman...except, 3 out of 5 are unplayable trash and the two starters are as JAGish as can be on their best days (Donaldson and Gaynor).

2018 - full on attrition from 2015 and 2016...Miami has a light class with 3 players. Only Scaife is usable, the other two, unusable (Reed/Campbell).

2019 - a class full of jobbers where two were forced in as STARTERS because of SEE ABOVE.

2020 - Rivers looks playable, Washington is a jobber until I see otherwise.

Currently, Miami has 13 scholarship offensive linemen. 8 of which are legitimately unplayable at this point. We have two lineman coming in.

Are you ******* kidding me?

And the solution to this problem is signing more jobbers and lotto tickets?

Brothers, we ******* stink.

Agree with most of what you say except Campbell looks usable at guard. He played better in limited action than i expected, better than Donaldson to my amateur eye. Reed.....we'll see. He's young and hopefully can step up.

The rest though - yeah it's bad. Either we recruit guys who have no business being here or have the worst Oline coaching anywhere. Could be both. Even lower tier schools coach lower recruits up. Somehow we can't.

Advertisement
What can we do? Recruit better. There’s literally no excuse why the University of Miami is now recruiting like we are. There’s no cohesion at all.
Oh I agree with this. Hey please don’t confuse me saying “I like this kid” with me thinking this staff has everything together. I do not think they recruit well. As bad as we have been for almost two decades, UM still has a name and a strong fanbase. Some parents want to send their kids here, however we don’t instill much confidence in them with our on field production or during recruitment.

If the rumor that Greene’s commitment to Nebraska set Romello off is true, then I can see Barry getting plan b and c guys lined up if he has a “silent” on deck that won’t pick us. He may be planning for February considering this avalanche of failure by the defensive staff.

Wow that’s the rumor? Why would Greene’s decision to Nebraska effect Romelo's decision?

Advertisement
Back