Philip Wilder Here comes the late offers

Advertisement
I think this is actually a good gem and I have questioned some of the staff’s takes in the past. However, I like this kid. He’ll take a couple years to develop but I think he’s a good prospect. He’s raw but I like his athleticism. I don’t think this is a bad offer but the staff has to develop the young man and not rush him like Zion.
Overall this is a bad offer considering how poor our OL recruiting has been whether it’s taking wayyyyy too long to “evaluate” guys and we offer too late or we just flat out whiff and can’t close. This is desperation at its finest. We can’t be relying on gems who need a couple years to develop considering we can’t even field a starting 5 that can do anything but look stupid week to week

Advertisement
I cant wait to see who is starting on our O-Line against Bama in 2021

Image result for wtf are we doing gif

Advertisement
Overall this is a bad offer considering how poor our OL recruiting has been whether it’s taking wayyyyy too long to “evaluate” guys and we offer too late or we just flat out whiff and can’t close. This is desperation at its finest. We can’t be relying on gems who need a couple years to develop considering we can’t even field a starting 5 that can do anything but look stupid week to week

The goal for recruiting is to get talent. It’s not restricted to a timeline or to a rating system. I think the kid could play so I don’t care if they found him now or on August 31, 2020. Just get talent. Too be honest, we shouldn’t be depending on freshmen to change the team. Outside of a couple, it’s unrealistic to expect an entire freshmen class to turn around our program, especially considering we went 6-6. It’s on the coaches to finally develop.

Now I do agree that it maybe a bad offer considering the staff did not intend to still be searching for a recruit this late in the game, but I personally believe teams should prepare for sleepers to emerge in the recruiting game especially underachieving squads like us. This kid has talent but I’m of the opinion that unless you’re a major contributor you’re going to redshirt. I only expect about 5 freshmen at most will contribute heavily. The majority will need some time to develop.

See i don't. I liked aspects of Zion's tape last year but he was super raw.

This kid has a much better body but his feet look clunky to me and his @ss sticks straight up in the air when he gets in his stance bc he has poor flexibility in his lower half. That frightens me for a tackle.

Yes he plays aggressive but as i've said many times before i hate game tape for linemen. The comp is usually bad and you can't see the details well....hands, feet, balance, etc. I like camps against legit comp before really making a decision.

Linemen are funny and a kid who looks bad could flourish while a kid who looks great (Donaldson) can never meet the expected potential. This many late offers in Dec seems like a panic move by all schools and teams looking for bodies.

To be fair, I didn’t think Zion was all that. This kid is obviously raw. I personally think it’s due to technique in regards to how he comes out his stance. I think all of that can be worked on. That’s why I think he’ll take a couple of years.

Oh and I definitely agree that OL are hard to judge. Most of the time it’s just a bigger dude mauling a smaller kid like this tape but I do like what I see from this young man.

Advertisement
See i don't. I liked aspects of Zion's tape last year but he was super raw.

This kid has a much better body but his feet look clunky to me and his @ss sticks straight up in the air when he gets in his stance bc he has poor flexibility in his lower half. That frightens me for a tackle.

Yes he plays aggressive but as i've said many times before i hate game tape for linemen. The comp is usually bad and you can't see the details well....hands, feet, balance, etc. I like camps against legit comp before really making a decision.

Linemen are funny and a kid who looks bad could flourish while a kid who looks great (Donaldson) can never meet the expected potential. This many late offers in Dec seems like a panic move by all schools and teams looking for bodies.
You can fix a poor technique.. kids just raw and needs to be developed. You can tell he has power and once he gets his hands on you it's over. He also can put on another 30-45LBs with his frame. He looks the part but has been poorly coached and needs to work on stance and attack

Well I do and this kid is Tu'rrible. Shame on Butch Barry for this late lazy evaluation offer. All the kids south Florida kids Miami passed on to now be coming back to this.

Go Canes
What's wrong with him? How much game tape did you watch on him?

Advertisement
You can fix a poor technique.. kids just raw and needs to be developed. You can tell he has power and once he gets his hands on you it's over. He also can put on another 30-45LBs with his frame. He looks the part but has been poorly coached and needs to work on stance and attack

I agree. However, I’ll give his HS coaches a break though. He looks like he just started playing organize ball. I won’t say he’s poorly coached just inexperienced but I see a ton of potential. This is a good find.

Advertisement
Back