Phil Steele's 2019 Surprise Teams

Advertisement
Advertisement
10 wins minimum and ACCCG appearance.

Write that **** down CIS

I'm in Hegemon. We have Coastal champion talent at 21 out of 22 positions. Missing 1 OT. That's more than enough to get run the table in our division.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His computer model is calling for us to average 30.5 ppg. Do that and this won't be the only top 10 list we'll be in this season.
I'm curious as to what information exactly goes into this computer model? Like how can someone just put random information in a computer and come back with any semblance of an accurate prediction? You couldn't possibly predict variables like who's going to be the starting QB, how they are going to perform in a new offense, what the offensive line is going to be, etc.

Not attacking you btw, just kind of confused as to how people come up with these kind of things and pass it off as somewhat legitimate

Advertisement
I'm curious as to what information exactly goes into this computer model? Like how can someone just put random information in a computer and come back with any semblance of an accurate prediction? You couldn't possibly predict variables like who's going to be the starting QB, how they are going to perform in a new offense, what the offensive line is going to be, etc.

Not attacking you btw, just kind of confused as to how people come up with these kind of things and pass it off as somewhat legitimate
May have to do with how highly rated they were coming out of high school but that's just a guess. Anyways he has a track record for these type of things, in 2016 he called for us to average 33.7ppg and we finished the year with 34ppg

He's usually one of the more accurate prognosticators. Beat Florida and then carry that momentum forward.

Advertisement
Back