Phil Steele: UM most improved.

So What's the point besides crying about the past?

perspective, and probably the same point as bragging about the past. How stupid is it to say “we would have won If only our offense and special teams didn’t play horribly”? 90% of losing teams could say they would have won gamEs last year if 2/3 of the team had played better. That’s Not a small improvement in case it needs to Be spelled out Even more...

Advertisement
perspective, and probably the same point as bragging about the past. How stupid is it to say “we would have won If only our offense and special teams didn’t play horribly”? 90% of losing teams could say they would have won gamEs last year if 2/3 of the team had played better. That’s Not a small improvement in case it needs to Be spelled out Even more...
Common sense isn't so common. I would have won the lottery if I had the winning numbers.

This is a punctuation nightmare.
If you're planning on serving as the CIS corrections officer, you'll be very busy.

1595606276174.png

In your eyesI'm sure that's great. But not everyone has the same view point. Your view point isn't absolute. Its just a perspective.

Advertisement
If you planning on following my messages like my BM I expect something in return. I know what she gives me what is your proposal?
It's you're, not you. If you're planning on following...

Since I know it means a lot to you.

Advertisement
yea, but we were trending in different directions.
UNC's worst loss was to App St, with a forgivable loss to Clemson. They also won their bowl game against a G5 team.
Miami's worst loss was to FIU, with a game against UF that we found every way possible to lose. We lost our bowl game against a G5 team.

We also lost head to head.

You guys are missing the point.

By his definition, "the most improved" is win total.
He has us with more wins than UNC.

Now back to last year.
If you think we're a similar team to last year and everything you mentioned impacts the game at Hard Rock on 10/24, that's cool.
I just don't agree.

Advertisement
Dudes just like crying and try everything to put the team down. I completely understand your point

I already stated if we hadn't played like dog **** we would have won and even playing like dog **** we still had a chance to win. What's even debatable?

I already stated if we hadn't played like dog **** we would have won and even playing like dog **** we still had a chance to win. What's even debatable?
You misunderstood my point of view. Im on your side. Unc sucks and we bailed them out. I hate everyone we play and will never prop them up. Unc is garbage and will always be garbage.

Advertisement
The biggest remaining weakness on this team is still the OT spot. I think Jarrid Williams can hold down one side. But I have zero faith in anyone else on the team. Zion? Campbell? Herbert? I just don't see it. There's enough talent at OG that they should kick Scaife back out and then we'll at least won't get the QB killed on passing downs and the RBs stopped behind the line on short yardage..

Not worried about CB. Blades was the best CB on the team last year and will be even better this year. I think he earns All ACC honors. Ivey has all the tools, just needs to play fast and loose. But if he is still a liability, then Couch and C Williams will step up.

Top 10 units at DE, RB, S. Best TE in the country. Future pro QB. Lots to like about this team. Figure out how to neutralize the major problem we have at OT and we're going to the ACCCG and will make it a game vs. Clemson.

The biggest remaining weakness on this team is still the OT spot. I think Jarrid Williams can hold down one side. But I have zero faith in anyone else on the team. Zion? Campbell? Herbert? I just don't see it. There's enough talent at OG that they should kick Scaife back out and then we'll at least won't get the QB killed on passing downs and the RBs stopped behind the line on short yardage..

Not worried about CB. Blades was the best CB on the team last year and will be even better this year. I think he earns All ACC honors. Ivey has all the tools, just needs to play fast and loose. But if he is still a liability, then Couch and C Williams will step up.

Top 10 units at DE, RB, S. Best TE in the country. Future pro QB. Lots to like about this team. Figure out how to neutralize the major problem we have at OT and we're going to the ACCCG and will make it a game vs. Clemson.
You're missing the bigger picture here brother. So with lashlee game plans(of the past) his offenses are based on the power run game to set up tempo & more importantly to this is mobility... He's gonna routinely move the pocket. In order to successfully do that you're gonna need your GUARDS to be aggressive and quick. All that goes just to say justice has his hands full. A line that already struggled mightily to grasp what they were being taught before is having to reinvent themselves into something far more difficult. Our guards don't usually pull quick enough to stay ahead of the running backs alone on basic sweeps or option calls. Now you wanna put the qb behind them as well while the play develops. Could be interesting. BUT that's where the intermediate game will need to thrive. Well see. Point is though other than Williams who's played a loose interpretation of this offense for years ALL the rest of the line is a work in progress.

You guys are missing the point.

By his definition, "the most improved" is win total.
He has us with more wins than UNC.

Now back to last year.
If you think we're a similar team to last year and everything you mentioned impacts the game at Hard Rock on 10/24, that's cool.
I just don't agree.

YOU missed the point. The blue team in Carolina won 7 games. We won 6. If we both finish the season with the same amount of wins, we would be the most improved of the 2, because we had the bigger jump in the win column. In other words, like I said in my previous post, we had the worst year in 2019. So when we do good this year, even if UNC does good as well, we will be "most improved".

You're missing the bigger picture here brother. So with lashlee game plans(of the past) his offenses are based on the power run game to set up tempo & more importantly to this is mobility... He's gonna routinely move the pocket. In order to successfully do that you're gonna need your GUARDS to be aggressive and quick. All that goes just to say justice has his hands full. A line that already struggled mightily to grasp what they were being taught before is having to reinvent themselves into something far more difficult. Our guards don't usually pull quick enough to stay ahead of the running backs alone on basic sweeps or option calls. Now you wanna put the qb behind them as well while the play develops. Could be interesting. BUT that's where the intermediate game will need to thrive. Well see. Point is though other than Williams who's played a loose interpretation of this offense for years ALL the rest of the line is a work in progress.
Could some screens or pitch plays help in disguising some of the deficiencies until the OL gets up to speed?

Advertisement
Back