Phil steele says 8-10 wins for canes

Big difference between 8 and 10 (not that Golden will win either). He sounds really confident.

He was saying 8 then 9, then he said 10, picked us as his sleeper team that will shock everyone, im just passing it along, thats around were im thinking because a majority of these teams on our schedule suck

Advertisement
Big difference between 8 and 10 (not that Golden will win either). He sounds really confident.

He was saying 8 then 9, then he said 10, picked us as his sleeper team that will shock everyone, im just passing it along, thats around were im thinking because a majority of these teams on our schedule suck

Yeah. This is the first year that the teams on our schedule suck.

Yeah. This is the first year that the teams on our schedule suck.

They were pretty bad in 2013 and we won 9

Lack of depth
A coaching staff that cannot make adjustments
An Oline that has taken a step back from last year

Those three reasons are why 7 wins is our ceiling and that's being generous.

6 wins Is the ceiling. I don't see how golden can have a winning season. I hope for no injuries so golden can sqirm while being told he could not coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

Advertisement
In all reality, the number of breaks that went us vs. those that went our way was much to our detriment last year. We had some unfortunate breaks at the wrong time. We also caught some, but man... the down was way more than the positive. We just don't have much room for error. That comes from a combination of not being much more talented than our opponents and being poorly coached.

Do I see us being well coached now? One or two position coaches can make a huge difference. Energy, enthusiasm, and technique from position guys can go a long way to having a more well-coached team. We have some potential coaching upgrades. We have a coach that knows his job could be on the line. Could see more of a sense of urgency from everyone.

8 wins seems like the number. From there, a lucky win, a clutch play, great execution... any beneficial break going our way can lead us to 9 or 10 wins.

Golden and crew have won nine before woth talent and we have some talent again this year. No one can argue that this team doesnt have the athletes. We have Kaaya. Im part of the wait and see crew. But anything short of a ACC conference game and it be competitive. Al should be fired. Even tho he wont. We win nine and bring alot back the following year so we should be able to finally lure an actual coach

Advertisement
Said on the radio today that he has the sleeper team for this year, says he sees them with 9-10 wins, predicted the same for TCU after their 4-8 season TIFWIW

If you close your eyes and throw 100 darts at a dartboard you will hit it occasionally.

I think 8-10 is very optimistic. 7-8 seems like the highest but Phil Steele was not lucky. He knows his ncaaf. Has a long history of being right on majority of his most improved sleeper lists over the years.

Said on the radio today that he has the sleeper team for this year, says he sees them with 9-10 wins, predicted the same for TCU after their 4-8 season TIFWIW

If you close your eyes and throw 100 darts at a dartboard you will hit it occasionally.

I think 8-10 is very optimistic. 7-8 seems like the highest but Phil Steele was not lucky. He knows his ncaaf. Has a long history of being right on majority of his most improved sleeper lists over the years.

No he doesn't.

I think Kevin Beard is worth at least one win all by himself with the effect he will have on our WR group. He's a huge upgrade over Carroll. Remember, 3 plays a game have a big effect on the end outcome. See Duke-fumble.

No he doesn't.

Show us when hes been wrong, ive never really followed his sh¡t, just going by the radio dudes saying he was right about TCU and FSU when they won

Advertisement
I can't wait for the season. Let the politicians handle the politics. Pressure bust pipes or creates a diamond.

Golden this the last at bat what you gonna with it???

There's really no downside for Steele by making this pick:

If he's right; He's the only guy out on that limb and gets all the credit!

If he's wrong; Al gets fired, and Steele can claim Al got fired because the team really should have been better. And with a better coach, they would have reached his projected win total.

Advertisement
We have a Miami QB for first time since Ken and some decent DTs. If we had a Miami quality coach, with time to impose weight loss and speed regimen, this team could actually win all its regular season games this year. We had noles' *** last year with Rapist. Without Golden, we could take them this year in Tally. If Al can't come out for the second half(slip and fall in shower maybe), we might beat them anyway.

*"Over the past six years, I have been very successful using this method, correctly projecting 56 of 60 teams (93.3 percent), including a perfect 10-for-10 again in 2014."

- phil steele

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back