Phil steele says 8-10 wins for canes

Said on the radio today that he has the sleeper team for this year, says he sees them with 9-10 wins, predicted the same for TCU after their 4-8 season TIFWIW

Advertisement
Said on the radio today that he has the sleeper team for this year, says he sees them with 9-10 wins, predicted the same for TCU after their 4-8 season TIFWIW

If you close your eyes and throw 100 darts at a dartboard you will hit it occasionally.

Miami would have to make a drastic improvement in situational football for this to happen(3rd down and redzone off and def, special teams), which is where coaching comes into major play, dont see it

If you close your eyes and throw 100 darts at a dartboard you will hit it occasionally.

Maybe you will it occasionally. At the same time, the only reason UM is predicted to do worse is because they expected Golden & Crew to do:

same shlt different season

If Golden has learned anything from recent years' debacle and does anything better, 9-10 wins is not only plausible it is quite doable.
Moreover, if the team itself does anything better [not easy considering so many of last year's team are on NFL schedule], it is again doable.

Advertisement
Sadly I think he's right, kayaa is good enough to cover up Al's flaws. I've been saying 8-9 wins and that's just enough to keep lard ***.

50789-Charlton-Heston-Laughing-8bit-i8Lb.gif

LOLOLOLOL

Kaaya takes a step back due to ****** coaching. the loss of Duke, Warlord, Dorsett, etc etc really hurts. not to mention the OL just got much worse compared to last year

6-6

Advertisement
Phil Steele has been posting garbage for years. Who cares what he says, good, bad, or ugly?

Steele is absolutely correct...With Al Golden as our coach there is no doubt we can win 8 or 10 games over the next two years...

Advertisement
LOLOLOLOL

Kaaya takes a step back due to ****** coaching. the loss of Duke, Warlord, Dorsett, etc etc really hurts. not to mention the OL just got much worse compared to last year

6-6

Man everybody lost players, you could blame coaches all you want but talent is not the issue. This is college football not the nfl. Fsu has 3 returning starters on offense you don't see them acting like the worlds about to end. I bet theres coaches that wish they had our teams issues instead of theres.

Last edited:
The talent is there, in my opinion. But Golden and friends being ten win coaches is something I will have to see to believe.

Advertisement
Steele's mag is one I would usually get to read. Lots of stats. But it seems to me that Phils been playing his version of Stratomatic Football when it comes to our Canes. He's he actually watched us play defense? 10 wins with D'No? I don't see it.

Lack of depth
A coaching staff that cannot make adjustments
An Oline that has taken a step back from last year

Those three reasons are why 7 wins is our ceiling and that's being generous.

Advertisement
Back