Phil Steele interview on WQAM(July) talks UM

Advertisement
Good interview very balanced for WQAM.

Go Canes
This is like the third interview I've heard from Phil Steele on the various Radio Networks down here in South Florida. He has consistently said that he expects the Canes to be a top-10 team with 10 or more wins and challenge Clemson in ACCCG. Also predicted that the game against the gator is a toss-up.

One big factor that helps Miami that most overlook- 2 bye weeks and 7 home games. If the team can focus on each game, they can easily get to 10 wins and the ACCCG. We need lots of kids to progress and some new arrivals to fill holes either as starters or back-ups that play lots.

I like Steele. He does an incredibly large amount of due diligence.

It's tough to fine fault with anything he said. We had zero business losing to UVA, GT, or Duke.

It feels similar this season. Tough, "toss up" game to start, but a lot going in our favor from the favorable "byes" through FSU in the second year of BlackAl Golden (save for a whistle instead of a tie).

Advertisement
One big factor that helps Miami that most overlook- 2 bye weeks and 7 home games. If the team can focus on each game, they can easily get to 10 wins and the ACCCG. We need lots of kids to progress and some new arrivals to fill holes either as starters or back-ups that play lots.

3 bye weeks, but I agree with everything else you said.

Advertisement
Phil, in my opinion, is by far the most unbiased college football prognosticator. I love his attention to detail and his in depth analysis/reasonings for his rankings/picks. I catch myself agreeing with him 9-10 times on a yearly basis. The one time that I am going to disagree with him, regarding this upcoming season, is he believes Michigan will run the table this year. There is no way Jim Harbaugh will ever let that happen!

Phil has great insight BUT his team pages are weak - tells you who was the starting QB 2-3 years ago - I dont care.

Advertisement
Phil, in my opinion, is by far the most unbiased college football prognosticator. I love his attention to detail and his in depth analysis/reasonings for his rankings/picks. I catch myself agreeing with him 9-10 times on a yearly basis. The one time that I am going to disagree with him, regarding this upcoming season, is he believes Michigan will run the table this year. There is no way Jim Harbaugh will ever let that happen!

Yeah. It seems Michigan, under Harbaugh, seems to stumble, somewhere along the way to the college football playoffs.

Guy said offensive line looks good - done
To be fair, we made an improvement with the coach and every position has a 4* other than Gaynor at center. I know they have not proven it yet, but they can be good and I hope they will be. Hopefully should be one of the better lines in the ACC at least.

Advertisement
Back