Phil Steele calls Miami "legitimate title contender"

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
On SportsCenter this morning, college football analyst Phil Steele named the Canes as his "surprise team" for the season.

Steele called Miami a legitimate national title contender and says he expects them to play in the ACC title this season.

[TWEET]884086774376562690[/TWEET]

Advertisement
I appreciate his outlook but we have a huge question mark at most important position.. Hope he is right tho..

It is not that much of a stretch to say that if you actually think about it.

F$U is a unanimous pick by everyone in the media to make the playoffs. Miami is the odds on favorite to face them in the ACC Championship.
If Miami somehow only loses one game going into that hypothetical Final match and wins the championship they will be in the playoffs.

A couple years back UNC was a few bounces of the ball away from making the playoffs so it is not that crazy to think Miami can also be in that situation.

On SportsCenter this morning, college football analyst Phil Steele named the Canes as his "surprise team" for the season.

Steele called Miami a legitimate national title contender and says he expects them to play in the ACC title this season.

[TWEET]884086774376562690[/TWEET]

They should be in the ACC title game for sure this year, if not, this year will be a failure.

I totally agree with him when it comes to our talent. However, Steele obviously forgot that Mark Richt does not win Big Games. Now, before all of you mark richt defenders type up your ridiculous responses, you all need to check the record. Results do not lie.

Advertisement
I totally agree with him when it comes to our talent. However, Steele obviously forgot that Mark Richt does not win Big Games. Now, before all of you mark richt defenders type up your ridiculous responses, you all need to check the record. Results do not lie.

Tell Mariska Hargitay we said hello.

Advertisement
I think our ceiling is probably a top 10-13 team . We don't have enough depth at OL, DB, or RB to compete not to mention we'll have a green QB.

you're thinking about.....

peach-syrup-iced-tea-640.jpg

NOT....

9d38fe3f3efb9df8c3a39b3be1c69381.jpg

POP Quiz in the morning right after class starts.

Advertisement
I think our ceiling is probably a top 10-13 team . We don't have enough depth at OL, DB, or RB to compete not to mention we'll have a green QB.

Not enough DB depth?:
Redwine
Bandy
Amari Carter
Delaney
Jaquan
Dean
Maley Young
Derrick Smith
Jackson (who apparently had a great spring)

meh:
Finley
Knowles
Mayes

Think we have a projected Championship defense. The rest we'll find out soon enough.

Advertisement

I disagree, at OL we have a good amount of depth,especially with freshman we have---Donaldson, Zalontae, Herbert and Gaynor

For Db's we got bandy, Derrick Smith , dean and delaney im not worried

For Rb all we can do is pray

Wrong "Ice" ...

He was definitely the wrong Ice.

This made my Sunday.

3935655.jpg

Advertisement
Back