Phil Simms is a real d!ck

Advertisement
You can't set straight a stereotype that has existed for 30+ years and was only inflamed by the Shapiro scandal.

I saw that program. Canes fans thought Simms' comment was out of line. Nobody else did. We are hated because the widespread conventional wisdom is that we cheated off the field and celebrated inappropriately on the field. Travel around and talk to other fan bases and that will be crystal.

If we return to prominence the assumption will be that we are cheating again.

I've long since stopped caring about that stuff. I want a new competent stadium.

Exactly. Doesn't even bother me anymore. I just wanna win.

Advertisement
He tried to blame Gruden and the Bucs for his son being a horrible QB.

He was right, Gruden sucked, that guy ran more QBs into the ground than Sapp.

Yup. Ran journeyman Gannon into an MVP and journeyman Johnson into a super bowl winning QB.

Gannon won an MVP with Callahan, NOT Gruden...and that TB defense won that SB, NOT Johnson. Gruden's an overrated blowhard.

AFC Champion (2002)
4× Pro Bowl (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)
2× AP First-Team All-Pro (2000, 2002)
3× SN First-Team All-AFC (2000, 2001, 2002)
2000 NFL MVP (MX)
2002 NFL MVP (AP, PFWA, NEA, SN, MX)
2× AFC Offensive Player of the Year (2000, 2002)
NFL Passing Yards Leader (2002)
2× Bert Bell Award (2000, 2002)
3× AFC Player of the Year (2000, 2001, 2002)
2× Pro Bowl MVP (2000, 2001)
2× NFL Alumni Quarterback of the Year (2000, 2002)

Odd. Something strange happened to Gannon's career in 1999. Over 1000 more yards each season than his best year prior to that. Almost 10 more touchdowns each season than his best year prior to that. Sorry, I am introducing facts into a bucs fan bias. I will stop now.

You being a buc fan I am sure you also remember but have selectively forgotten the fact that Callahan had not changed a single thing about the offense that Gruden put in. This was able to give the defense a great advantage as they knew all the plays, audibles, audible calls, formations, and tendencies. Several players from the defense have mentioned it and that it was like they were in the huddle.

I have never met Gruden and he may be a horrible person. It seems there are some borderline players who do not like him. There are also several hall of fame players who do like him and give him a lot of credit. Warren Sapp is among those players and I have never known Warren to fluff anybody up just to be nice or because they happen to hold some kind of position. Which tells me regardless of his personality he was a heck of a coach. He also made a lot of chicken salad from the chicken you know what he had to work with at QB.

It seems Bucs fans will always hate Gruden even though he is the only coach to give us a Super Bowl. Also the team has certainly been in a tail spin since his firing. It amazes me people are more enthralled with Lovie Smith who gave us a 1st overall pick and a 9th overall pick but they hate the guy who brought a Super Bowl, got us to finally beat Philadelphia, got us to finally win a cold weather game (no more Bucs have never won below x temperature), got us to never have to hear on every kick off "the Bucs have never returned a kickoff in the history of the franchise".

Anyway, I have derailed this thread enough and I realize that I am not going to change your opinion so I think I will be done with this.

Advertisement
Back