PFF's Top 3 Graded Offenses, Miami 3rd

Advertisement
Plus we all know preseason rankings are **** near useless in college football

We don’t know anything about SOS until the end of the season when it all washes out

Exactly; it’s all subjective. This is what I base it upon as a fan: how we looked vs. So Miss, MTSU, TAMU in 2022 v. how we looked vs. Miami-Oh, Temple, & TAMU in 2023. We look better on both sides of the ball. Now some may argue that So Miss & MTSU were better opponents (record wise) compared to Miami-OH & Temple, but to me that’s nitpicking. Fact is, in 2022 we were far superior than both of those squads & we struggled w/ one & got blown out by the other.

This yr, we beat the brakes off both. We’re not a finished product, & there’s some holes that need to cleaned up as we enter ACC play (pause), but no one can argue we don’t look like a much better team this time around vs. last yr.

Exactly; it’s all subjective. This is what I base it upon as a fan: how we looked vs. So Miss, MTSU, TAMU in 2022 v. how we looked vs. Miami-Oh, Temple, & TAMU in 2023. We look better on both sides of the ball. Now some may argue that So Miss & MTSU were better opponents (record wise) compared to Miami-OH & Temple, but to me that’s nitpicking. Fact is, in 2022 we were far superior than both of those squads & we struggled w/ one & got blown out by the other.

This yr, we beat the brakes off both. We’re not a finished product, & there’s some holes that need to cleaned up as we enter ACC play (pause), but no one can argue we don’t look like a much better team this time around vs. last yr.
Absolutely could not agree more. I made the same comp with Southern Miss and Ohio we all felt way differently after the game despite the score being relatively similar

Rather than fumbling our way to some scores at the end of the game we are just going out and asserting our dominance and then shortening the game

It’s also a clear sign that Dawson and Mario are trying to help the defense out knowing we are down quite a few key guys. I’ve no doubts we could be dropping 50+ a week if we wanted to

And the one time Dawson was forced to crank it up and bring us back he did it effortlessly. If we got behind last year the game was already over with

Advertisement

Yeah Oct is where the rubber meets the road for most teams. I mean look at who is below us on that list currently....

USC 123
Kentucky 132
Syracuse 115
Georgia 108
NC State 104
Louisville 101
Duke 96
Oregon 94
Michigan 92

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ryan Grubb is their OC, Debeor is the HC

Bama wanted Grubb as their OC but he said no, that's why they're stuck with Tommy Rees lol.
That’s not why they’re stuck with Tommy boy. Sabag thought he had grubb in the bag. He said no. Probably knew they’d be insane this season. But sabag got lazy with that one. Dumb hire. Also grubb will get head coach offers if he wants em

Advertisement
Guidry and Dawson will both be hot names if this thing keeps rolling.

1695932756108.png

Advertisement
Back