PFF TOp ten from GTech (Tae #1)

Cookie917

Recruit

Surprised to see Tae at #1, they also say he played a little more because JW went to the locker room to get checked out? I do not recall seeing him leave the field.

With the exception of Clarke, a lot of the "older" crew on this list. Some not a surprise (Stevenson, Zion) others surprised me. Felt like D.Johnson had his best game thus far, Ford seems to always show on these lists, Steed played better,

but biggest surprise was out of this list there were 8 (eight!?!) players on defense and I thought our D looked like trash, the ONLY 2 offensive players were on the OL, Zion and Jarrid.

Advertisement
Defense allowed 21 points and 330 yards. Not bad at all.
Not bad but they gave up some huge holes and had wide open passing lanes but their QB legit cannot throw. I was pleasantly surprised that we kept his legs under containment.

I guess also surprising to see 8/10 on defense when the O put up practically 600 yards

Advertisement
Tae made an impact play that we havent seen by a UM defender in a long time.. That was an incredible play.. sheesh..

Yeah, I think Manny's smile afterwards said it best. He couldn't even keep it contained. It was literally the facial expression of, "Dat boy good."

Absurd play by Tae. The Safety room, assuming it stays intact and healthy for the next few years, has a shot to be among the very best in the nation, if not THE best.

Yeah, I think Manny's smile afterwards said it best. He couldn't even keep it contained. It was literally the facial expression of, "Dat boy good."

Absurd play by Tae. The Safety room, assuming it stays intact and healthy for the next few years, has a shot to be among the very best in the nation, if not THE best.
He was legitimately happy for Tae. Seemed like the whole team was. Fantastic play.

Surprised to see Tae at #1, they also say he played a little more because JW went to the locker room to get checked out? I do not recall seeing him leave the field.

With the exception of Clarke, a lot of the "older" crew on this list. Some not a surprise (Stevenson, Zion) others surprised me. Felt like D.Johnson had his best game thus far, Ford seems to always show on these lists, Steed played better,

but biggest surprise was out of this list there were 8 (eight!?!) players on defense and I thought our D looked like trash, the ONLY 2 offensive players were on the OL, Zion and Jarrid.
Listen to what you are saying.

8 of the top 10 players graded high were on defense, yet the scheme was relatively successful only against a team whose QB had both arms amputated.

Advertisement

They gotta find a way to get them all on the field at once. Pehaps Chase Smith to WLB, Williams to striker?

Advertisement
They gotta find a way to get them all on the field at once. Pehaps Chase Smith to WLB, Williams to striker?

I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see that at some point. We have to remember, none of these kids have much experience, but especially Tae. Getting him to learn one position is probably the main task right now. He's played and practiced a lot less than the other kids. But I think in the next few games, it's not unrealistic to think you have to figure out a way to get 0,15, and 24 all on the field at the same time together.

Not bad but they gave up some huge holes and had wide open passing lanes but their QB legit cannot throw. I was pleasantly surprised that we kept his legs under containment.

I guess also surprising to see 8/10 on defense when the O put up practically 600 yards
flagg gave up a hugh hole when he jumped into a gap already occupied by another um player.

Advertisement
PFF really is trash. Not sure how familiar you guys are with how they grade plays, but I know people who have done it. You sign up for the job, do some virtual training for a few hours, then basically watch plays and say "did this player **** up on a given play, or did they do their job"? Especially on defense, you can see how that can be tough to grade if you don't know what the call was (was the safety out of position because he was covering for a misplay by someone else).

The people who I knew were doing it were college students a few years back. Not football experts. Not sure if it's changed since then, but I take all of these with a full shaker of salt.

I'd be pretty surprised if we don't see that at some point. We have to remember, none of these kids have much experience, but especially Tae. Getting him to learn one position is probably the main task right now. He's played and practiced a lot less than the other kids. But I think in the next few games, it's not unrealistic to think you have to figure out a way to get 0,15, and 24 all on the field at the same time together.
We use 3 safeties on 3rd and California so really all that's missing is Chase getting a chance at striker. Carter/Frierson have been fine but neither has stood out. Shoop was quoted recently talking about how it's going to be Chase's time here soon, whatever that means. Just make it happen.

Advertisement
Back