Petition for New Stadium

Yes, nothing says "Big Time" football program like a 40k-50k seat stadium. Just ask Princeton and UCF. Oh, off campus too! Great idea. Better off lobbying Sun Life to modify stadium to bring seats closer to the field now that the Marlins are gone. The empty seats will fill up once this team starts winning. Heck, if they beat UNC, it will probably be pretty full for FSU.

Bringing in some seats closer to the field does nothing....the majority of the seats will still be too far and suck. That stadium is just too big. Like it or not we are not a public university with 40k undergrads and hundreds of thousands of alumni. 50-55k is plenty of seats, and if you build it right will be much louder than 75k at No-life.

Here are some teams with stadiums under 60k....I would call all these pretty "big time" college football

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Advertisement
Yes, nothing says "Big Time" football program like a 40k-50k seat stadium. Just ask Princeton and UCF. Oh, off campus too! Great idea. Better off lobbying Sun Life to modify stadium to bring seats closer to the field now that the Marlins are gone. The empty seats will fill up once this team starts winning. Heck, if they beat UNC, it will probably be pretty full for FSU.

You know what says big time? 5 National Titles. And that's all that needs to be said.

I could give two ***** if others have bigger stadiums. Miami could never compete in that arms race. And shouldn't have too. What we need is something that is OURS and fits OUR needs and situation.

Bringing in some seats closer to the field does nothing....the majority of the seats will still be too far and suck. That stadium is just too big. Like it or not we are not a public university with 40k undergrads and hundreds of thousands of alumni. 50-55k is plenty of seats, and if you build it right will be much louder than 75k at No-life.

Here are some teams with stadiums under 60k....I would call all these pretty "big time" college football

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Oregon typically accommodates 60k fans, WVU can accommodate 70k fans. These guys are contemplating a 40-50k seat stadium in Tropical Park. What do you propose for the FSU and VT games, when we can fill an 80k stadium? How about when ND comes to town. Yes, a 40k seat stadium, likely with flimsy bleacher seats like UCF's facility, would be awesome for those sorts of games...

The amenities at Sun Life, particularly the club level, are hard to beat in the college world. No sense spending tens of millions that UM doesn't have to build a bleacher stadium THAT WILL STILL BE EMPTY if the Canes aren't winning (at which time you all will be clamoring for a 20k seat stadium). Modify Sun Life, put on your big boy pants, and go to the games.

Is it me or is this thread the definition of mental *********ion? This is not going to happen for decades and probably will never happen...period.

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Is it me or is this thread the definition of mental *********ion? This is not going to happen for decades and probably will never happen...period.

Well said.

Advertisement

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Oregon typically accommodates 60k fans, WVU can accommodate 70k fans. These guys are contemplating a 40-50k seat stadium in Tropical Park. What do you propose for the FSU and VT games, when we can fill an 80k stadium? How about when ND comes to town. Yes, a 40k seat stadium, likely with flimsy bleacher seats like UCF's facility, would be awesome for those sorts of games...

The amenities at Sun Life, particularly the club level, are hard to beat in the college world. No sense spending tens of millions that UM doesn't have to build a bleacher stadium THAT WILL STILL BE EMPTY if the Canes aren't winning (at which time you all will be clamoring for a 20k seat stadium). Modify Sun Life, put on your big boy pants, and go to the games.

Lol, when have we gotten 80k? FSU two years ago was the closest to 75k, and I don't think that was even a sellout, and last time Virginia Tech came to town we had 40k fans.

I am sure there is a small, small minority that like Nolife....I guess you are one.

Throw out all the bravado you want, the reality is there aren't 60k+ hardcore fans that go to games. We'll be fine with 50-55k. You know what happens if the demand goes up? We get a sellout...big deal. Maybe they can charge more.

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Lol, when have we gotten 80k? FSU two years ago was the closest to 75k, and I don't think that was even a sellout, and last time Virginia Tech came to town we had 40k fans.

I am sure there is a small, small minority that like Nolife....I guess you are one.

Throw out all the bravado you want, the reality is there aren't 60k+ hardcore fans that go to games. We'll be fine with 50-55k. You know what happens if the demand goes up? We get a sellout...big deal. Maybe they can charge more.

Pony up, dreamer.

The Dolphins already know there is a huge problem with the configuration at SunLife. They know the upper deck is much too big. They know they need seats closer to the field and many more between the 20 yard lines. They want a partial roof (sun shade). If they can get the funding, it will happen. The changes that were proposed would change the stadium dramatically for the better. The distance from campus is what it is. There are ways to get to SunLife. Get in a car. Nobody walked to the OB. I think the distance from campus is a bogus excuse not to go to a game. It's not like the majority of fans live near the UM campus.

The distance from campus is what it is. There are ways to get to SunLife. Get in a car. Nobody walked to the OB. I think the distance from campus is a bogus excuse not to go to a game. It's not like the majority of fans live near the UM campus.

Exactly.
It is really pathetic how folks in soFla come up with the lame excuses as to why they don't show up to games.

Advertisement
What they need to do is bring in shovels and LOWER the field by like 10 feet, and add a few rows closer to the field. Like the new Jerryworld in Dallas only smaller scale.

Still doesn't fix the fact that Miami Gardens is crap, and parking is crap.

Soldier Field >>>>> Son Life

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Last edited:
Daniel Rivera Dunellen, NJ 12 months ago
I want to see a new stadium on the Tropical Park site where the Soccer stadium is. It would be about 50,000, with expansion to 65,000 for big games like UF or FSU.
If Danny wants it, how can it go wrong?

No pavement, and palm trees in the end zone. WEZ would be closed, east EZ open.

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Right, lets stay in this ridiculous stadium just because of the Club level seats. What good are those seats if they are empty? What about the rest the fans who are miserable in that place? Soldier field makes Sun Life look like a dump. Seats are much closer to the field. Club levels have been renovated and far superior than ours. The Sun Life project has failed. We need a much smaller stadium closer to campus. Enough is enough with this garbage.

West Virginia - 60k
OK State - 60k
Oregon - 53k
Stanford - 50k

Right, lets stay in this ridiculous stadium just because of the Club level seats. What good are those seats if they are empty? What about the rest the fans who are miserable in that place? Soldier field makes Sun Life look like a dump. Seats are much closer to the field. Club levels have been renovated and far seperior than ours. The Sun Life project has failed. We need a much smaller stadium closer to campus. Enough is enough with this garbage.

Advertisement
Tropical Park idea is ghey

There's nothing to do in tropical park. Son life part 2.

They need to put it next to a bunch of bars and stuff so you can walk there

I think somewhere on miami beach is the best spot for a new stadium

You must be smoking of you're thinking the beach.

Advertisement
Why, that would be cool as ****

You must be smoking of you're thinking the beach.

Advertisement
Back